PDA

View Full Version : Merry Mixer - Anyone go yet?

Tinkermom
12-13-2008, 09:58 PM
What is it like? What characters were there? Was it crowded? Did you get a special gift?

We leave Thursday and are planning on attending the Merry Mixer on Friday and want to be sure it is worth it. ;)

DVC Mike
12-13-2008, 10:30 PM
We went to the one yesterday (12/12). Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were there for the kids. They had some DVC pins on sale, and you get a pewter Christmas tree ornament on the way out.

dlpmikki
12-14-2008, 08:52 AM
We went onthe 5th. Long lines (but fast moving to get in) long slow lines for the characters, even longer and slower lines to buy limited edition pins (no idea what as I didn't join that line), games for kids, long lines for treats (rice crispie cake with xmas decoration), a pin trading board with unusual pins which is worth a look at if you like pins, a couple of craft tables for kids to make xmas decorations and loud music. Limited seating. And an ornament as leaving as Mike said - a nice souvineer but I liked it a bit better than my husband did.

Tinkermom
12-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys! This is over at the International Gateway right? Is it easy to find? I can't picture where there is a big enough area. :confused:

DVC Mike
12-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys! This is over at the International Gateway right? Is it easy to find? I can't picture where there is a big enough area. :confused:

Yes. If you're walking from BCV/BWV, it will be on your left-hand side right before the International Gateway. They have a big white tent up.