PDA

View Full Version : Crowds at Disney this past week!

the other micki
12-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Some of my friends just got back from Disney (Dec.3 - 12). They said it was super crowded! Of course, they hadn't been before and sometimes the term '"crowded" is relative, but they said people on the busses were all complaining that it was supposed to be a slow time and yet it was so crowded. My friends had to be there at this time because of a conference, but I'm sure some people who picked this time only for it's "low crowd" reputation were probably disappointed. Oh well, maybe this isn't the ideal time to go anymore! :confused:

disneymom15
12-13-2008, 11:49 AM
We were there Dec 3-10. I didn't think it was overly crowded, however, it was more crowded than last year(Dec 11-15).

princess0511
12-13-2008, 11:53 AM
We were also there Dec 2 - 10 and I thought it was more crowded than past years. I think everyone is starting to take advantage of Disneys so called slow season

Cheloconnell
12-13-2008, 12:36 PM
We were there 12/6 - 12/10 and it was definitely more crowded than usual. The only break we really got was to take advantage of the late closings. Things were slow after about 10 and you could pretty much walk on to the rides. We did MVMCP and it was packed on 12/9. It was a sold out event. I was most upset about that. You pay big bucks for a few hours and they let way too many people stay. Main Street seemed packed with lots of people with no bracelets on. The Cast Members were doing the best they could since we got stopped so many times, but there must be a better way to ensure everyone is out that did not pay extra. Shut the park down early and make everyone re-enter. Oh well....I love this time of year there, but it is getting more and more crowded yearly.

Hair_Razor
12-13-2008, 02:14 PM
We always avoid all Christmas holiday time of year. I was always under the impression that from Thanksgiving on it was BUSY! Sounds like if it wasn't before it is now. Good to know.

lindique
12-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm here now, and I find it very crowded. Much worse than other years. However, many people may be locals, because I heard that this is the last weekend before the New Year when Florida residents can use their seasonal passes. I just got back from the Magic Kingdom, and it is wall to wall people.

They must not be selling too many souvenirs - they are having sales on Christmas items and tee shirts all over the resort today - 40% off! I have NEVER seen a sale like that before (except at the outlets), and I've been coming to Disney for 30 years.

kristnjohn
12-13-2008, 09:43 PM
We were there 12/2 - 12/9 and found the parks very crowded! We have always gone in the past in January or early February and have loved the small crowds, last week was much tougher to manage the crowds, especially with younger kids. We were at the 12/7 MVMCP and were disappointed with that as well. We were there for 5 hours and struggled with the parade crowds and waited the long lines for rides, just as if the park were open for extended hours, so not much exclusivity for that at all.

Magic Smiles
12-14-2008, 05:16 AM
They must not be selling too many souvenirs - they are having sales on Christmas items and tee shirts all over the resort today - 40% off! I have NEVER seen a sale like that before (except at the outlets), and I've been coming to Disney for 30 years.

We were there last Dec and there were many dated and Christmas items on sale by the 15th. I got the beautiful red Christmas Mickey & Minnie sweater for either 40% or 50% off.

The beginning of Dec was busy last year due to the Cheerleading competitions going on. I would guess that would have been the same this year. Plus the parade was taped then also. I found that the middle of Dec was the best for lower crowds last year. We were there from the 5 - 21 Dec 07.

Disneytrotters
12-16-2008, 10:33 AM
We were there 12/8 - 12/12 and found it to be surprisingly crowded. Our MVMCP on 12/9 was sold out...very unusual for that week. We also picked this time because we have found it to be a "slower" period, but not so much this year!:confused: