PDA

View Full Version : 2 Quick Questions

iDisney
12-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Our flight lands at 9:30 am on Sunday. Will our room at POP be ready even though check-in isn't until 4 pm? We are using DME, if that makes a difference.

The day we leave, our flight departs at nearly 5 pm. I know DME picks us up around 3 hours early, so that puts us around 2 pm. We were hoping to squeeze more time in at the parks, but with check out at 11 am, will we have to carry our luggage around?

Thanks!

Maleficent's Dad
12-12-2008, 10:51 PM
You will be able to check in at the resort when you arrive - whether or not your room is actually ready is a roll-of-the-dice. If it's ready, they'll let you have your room. If not, they'll give you a phone number to call later to check when your room might be ready. If the room isn't available until later, you can store your bags with the bell services - no problem. You can go to the parks/pool/wherever until your room becomes ready.

When leaving, you can "check out," and leave your bags with bell services until you're ready to board DME. Head to the parks, hit the pool, whatever you want. When you're ready to leave, bell services will have your bags in storage for you.

NOTE: Day of check-out, you might consider checking your bags in for your flight (if on a "participating airline") early on before heading to the parks. Just keep your carry-on luggage with bell services.

It's all very simple and they'll explain it to you when you arrive! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
12-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Our last 3-4 trips the rooms have been ready and we get there early too. Good luck, I hope it's ready for you:pixie::pixie::pixie:

iDisney
12-13-2008, 12:38 AM
If the room isn't available until later, you can store your bags with the bell services - no problem.

What makes me nervous about that is is my carry on. It will have my laptop, camera, video camera, chargers, etc. in it. (I refuse to check these things. I've seen how they treat checked baggage!) Perhaps I will get some locks to put on my zippers. If I go to the parks, the only thing that will be left is the chargers and the laptop, but that is the most expensive of everything!

Our last 3-4 trips the rooms have been ready and we get there early too. Good luck, I hope it's ready for you:pixie::pixie::pixie:

This is what I am hoping for!

PetefromRI
12-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Personally,we started taking later flights just for this reason.The first thing I gotta do when I get to my resort is to take a nice shower and freshen up after a flight.Then we hang out at the resort awhile before heading to Epcot for the evening.The last day we usually set up our flight so that after a late breakfast we check out and then get on the bus.I know alot of people like the late flight so that it's like an extra day but I would just as soon add an extra day to my trip than to take a late flight out.

disneymom15
12-13-2008, 09:39 AM
One other thing, when you check in, if you leave a credit card number on file then you can use express check out which means you won't have to wait in line to physically check out.

thumperbug
12-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Don't worry about leaving the laptop etc with bell services. We just put locks on the carry on we have our dvd player etc in. Never had a problem with bell services holding anything.

peemagg
12-13-2008, 10:30 AM
If you are worried about leaving your laptop and things with bell-services, then just take them with you to the parks and put them in a locker when you get there. That is what we did on our last trip.

brian2000boston
12-13-2008, 07:52 PM
When we left our laptops we felt pretty secure. They told us they get locked in cages and are very safe. The truth is, they do this all the time and I am sure that they are very safe.

On a a side note, our rooms were ready when we arrived around 11am... hope you have the same luck!