PDA

View Full Version : Winter Wonderland Anniversary Trip Finally Begins Tomorrow!

mickeys_princess_mom
12-12-2008, 07:56 PM
It's finally here! :mjump: Tomorrow we leave at dawn to fly to the Magic for our big 30th anniversary Disneymoon! What a fall it has been ! Had my little surgery escapade a couple of months ago. And last Saturday, my DH's dad had a heart attack, so things have truly been up in the air. He's doing quite well now, home and on new meds, which he will hopefully actually take this time, and we decided a couple of days ago we would be able to go. Early Thursday morning a SNOWstorm hit us in Louisiana, we lost power, and have been stuck in a very cold house w/ 10 inches of snow outside! We're Southern--we don't do snow! Everything closed up, we only had about six pieces of firewood, and our Katrina/Gustav generator bit the dust.
You can have that pioneer stuff! We have to cross a lot of water on the interstate to get to the airport, and there's that ice thing where they sometimes shut it down...Power finally came back on this afternoon, so we scurried around finishing everything up to get ready. Ran to school to leave plans for next week. We were supposed to perform the play "The Polar Express" yesterday, and I jokingly told the classes as they were lining up and it was getting colder, "You know me, I always go overboard with the decorating--I ordered a little snow for the play." They'll think I have superpowers,now!
Magical Express stickers came in the mail TODAY! I giggled all the way as I skidded back down the driveway. (Terrisue rocks again!) I asked my DH last night--do you think this is all a plot just to make me really appreciate staying at the GF? Cause I was already going to appreciate it!
I'm off to finish packing so I can play princess for a few days! Thanks for listening--I'm just excited!
Talk to you when we get back! :wave:

EllieMae
12-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Have a great trip! Who knows, we may cross paths while we are there :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

mickeys_princess_mom
12-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Have a great trip! Who knows, we may cross paths while we are there :mickey:

Thanks, and you have a wonderful trip, too! :wave:

vizsla