PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports

PixiePrincess
12-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Being that I am not a fan of any types of sports :ack:, I've always been against staying at All Star Sports when we book our vacations.....but this time around it was actually the only value resort available when we made our reservations! I am hoping that the sports theming won't bother me too much! Someone please tell me that it will be ok, that it's a wonderful resort even though there are basketballs and footballs and baseballs everywhere, oh my!!! hehe...

Jasper
12-12-2008, 03:00 PM
I am also not a big sports fan but was forced to stay there once years ago because nothing else was available. It really didn't turn out to be that bad. Granted, we don't normally spend much time at the resort so I wasn't forced to look at the sports stuff that much.

PixiePrincess
12-13-2008, 12:30 AM
I am also not a big sports fan but was forced to stay there once years ago because nothing else was available. It really didn't turn out to be that bad. Granted, we don't normally spend much time at the resort so I wasn't forced to look at the sports stuff that much.

You're right, I probably won't be at the resort too long, so it won't be all that bad! :thumbsup:

teambricker04
12-13-2008, 12:52 AM
It isn't as bad as you would think... First, it is the first stop for the buses. That's a big plus in my book! We ended up liking the open spaces to run around in (but we have little kids). If you aren't there much, then I bet you will be just fine... besides, you'll be at Disney!

SpecJoe Magic
12-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Even though it does have giant sports items everywhere, it really has the same feel as the other All-Star Resorts in my opinion. From my experience, if you like one All-Star Resort, you'll like them all.

azcavalier
12-13-2008, 01:21 PM
My problem with All Star Sports wasn't the theming. Of course, I love sports...

No, the problem was that All Star Sports is where they always bring the kids groups. Little league teams, cheerleading squads, etc. So, it was full of these kinds of groups, with few chaperones. So we got noise from the pool until late at in the evening, and kids would run past and knock on the doors and windows to annoy the guests. Things like that. Sports has been our least favorite of all the Disney resorts.

PixiePrincess
12-13-2008, 02:23 PM
No, the problem was that All Star Sports is where they always bring the kids groups. Little league teams, cheerleading squads, etc. So, it was full of these kinds of groups, with few chaperones.

Does anyone know if there are a lot of groups there in January?