PDA

View Full Version : Birthday dinner ideas please!

Hair_Razor
12-11-2008, 08:07 PM
I am taking my son to Disney on his 12th birthday in January. I am trying to come up with ideas for his birthday dinner. We have done the Character dining before and my mom is going with us and has requested not to do that again. We don't like Sci-fi. We thought about T-Rex, any thoughts?

wendy*darling
12-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I have not dined at T-Rex myself, but from what I hear it is very loud and very expensive.
Your 12 yr old would probably love it. But if your mother didn't like character meals, I highly doubt she would enjoy T-Rex.

Since it is your son's birthday- have you asked him where he would like to eat?

At that age a few of the (non-character) restaurants my sons liked are 'Ohana, Biergarten, Teppan Edo (formerly Teppanyaki), Whispering Canyon.

BeccaO
12-12-2008, 09:37 AM
I would have to say O'hana or Biergarten, both do a fabulous job of recognizing Birthday's, and both have a very lively atmosphere and great food!!!!

BrerStitch
12-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Does everyone enjoy seafood? If so I highly recommend the Coral Reef in Epcot at the Seas with Nemo and Friends. Here's why.....you can request that a diver be sent into the tank with a birthday message for your son. You can also request personalized menus and include pics of your son.

We just got back from the World and did this for our parents who were celebrating a second honeymoon. They were so surprised...the look on their faces was worth it! And best of all...there's no charge for this!

Hair_Razor
12-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I hadn't thought of Coral Reef and that might be fun for everyone. My mom and I don't eat meat except fish so that would be a good idea. I thought about O'hana too, but was wondering how we would fare with that menu. Thanks for the ideas!

thumperbug
12-13-2008, 10:07 AM
If your son likes sports..then try ESPN club. They don't take ADR's but you can get a cake or pre order a customized one from the Disney bakers

CaptSmee
12-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Are you going to one of the parks on his birthday? That would make a difference. Tony's at MK was excellent on my sister's birthday. This year we are doing Cinderlla's for breakfast & Rose and Crown for dinner on her birthday.