PDA

View Full Version : TBY2225 and McGoofy take on The World together #1 (with PICS included)

McGoofy
12-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Yesterday (12/10/08) when I saw TBY2225 post her trip report from her December trip, I realized that I was the one who dropped the ball on posting our trip report from our September trip that we took together. So without any further delay, here goes an overdue trip report…:blush:

Cast of characters:

TBY2225 (Tara), DH, DD6, and DD2
Dates: 9/27-10/4/08

McGoofy (Tara), DH, and DS10
Dates: 9/26-10/1/08

MCGOOFY: We are always excited about going to Disney, but this trip was going to be extra special since we were going to be able to share this trip with our friends TBY2225 and her family. Tara (yes, we are both named Tara, so try to keep up!);) and I met because of Intercot, and we have since become really good friends. We have gotten together a few times before this, but this was the first time we were going to be at our “happy place” together. We had so much fun together. So much fun in fact, that we are now taking a ladies only trip down to WDW together in January. Can’t wait for that!

TBY2225: First of all I must say that this was the best trip my family has ever had to WDW! Spending time with our friends made it so much more enjoyable! We couldn’t have asked for a better time. I am so thankful to Intercot for bringing the “Two Tara’s” together so we could experience Disney together!

Friday, Sept. 26

MCGOOFY: We took DS10 out of school at half day. We wasted no time heading down I-95 because we had our first DDP TS at Chef Mickey’s scheduled for 7:35pm. The pic that I took on my phone says we arrived at SSR at 6:22pm, so we were cutting it pretty close. The reason I took a pic upon arrival because this arrival was very special to us as it was our first time to hear “Welcome home!” It was our first stay with our very own brand new DVC points. We got a little giddy when we drove up and saw the “Welcome home” sign and knew the welcome mat was put out for us! With no time to waste, we checked in to our room very quickly and then caught a bus to MK. Fortunately, we were staying in The Springs with a bus stop practically right outside of our room. The location was convenient to the main themed swimming pool as well as the food court and lobby area. We did make it on time to our dinner at Chef Mickey’s. This is the first time we had ever had the dinner buffet there. We have always loved breakfast, but thought that we would try dinner this time. It did not disappoint. The food (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2688697470101825575RORbze) was great and the napking twirlin (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2943666750101825575ZcLZUO)was fun. I have to say that our favorite part was the dessert bar. Even down to the chocolate covered oreos. I have never had an oreo quite like this (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2973721640101825575pKZCsv)! That evening was EMH at Epcot, so we took the monorail to Epcot. We did not make it in time for Illuminations, but we did get to ride a few rides and walk around the WS before calling it a night.

Saturday, Sept. 27

MCGOOFY: The next morning, we left our room to head to the bus stop. At the bus stop we ran into friends of ours from back home. This was a complete surprise. They were headed to MK same as us, so we were able to spend our morning riding rides with them. We had a 11:30am lunch ressie at Liberty Tree Tavern. When we arrived, we were asked to be the the family of the day and ring the bell to call folks to dinner. We were taken to the balcolny (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2759266500101825575MiVwMu)and had to say a little speech in unison that started with “hear ye, hear ye…” (but I don’t remember the rest of the sentence.) Then my son got to ring the bell. We were given a magical moments gift certificate and were the first family seated. It was really cool. The lunch was delicious as well. My husband and I ordered the pot roast and the colony salad (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2371558190101825575QUKHbU). We were planning to share, but our server offered to split them before the came out of the kitchen. The portions were perfect. We spent a little while longer at the MK and then went back to SSR for a swim.

Meanwhile…back at the ranch… TBY2225 and family were on their way to WDW.:car:

We were so excited for them to arrive. We finally got the phone call that said they were on a bus to the MK. We went back to MK and waited out by the front gate for their arrival.

TBY2225: We left Greenville at 6:15am. We stopped in Columbia for breakfast and then again in St Augustine at the outlets. We only stayed about 30 minutes, just to check out what they had because we knew we would stop back by for a while on the way home. We ate sandwiches for lunch in the car to cut off some time and we got to the Pop Century at 3:30pm. I called Tara and we agreed to meet at MK at 5:00pm. We took the bus to MK and met up with Tara and her family and I got our 3 6 day MYW tickets switched to AP’s. Once inside the park, we went and got fast passes for Space Mountain. Then we went to the Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor, took a ride on the TTA, went on CoP, Buzz, and then child swapped (my DS is just 2 years old) and used our fast passes for SM. The 6 and 10 year old loved that they got to ride twice each time we child swapped! We had dinner at Cosmic Rays and then caught the parade from beside the castle. After the parade my DD and I took a quick spin on the Teacups and then we all saw Wishes together before calling it a night. The crowd wasn’t quite as bad as usual since there was another parade after Wishes so we were able to get right on a bus with no wait.

MCGOOFY: We had lots of fun riding rides together. The kids were thrilled to have other kids to ride with. Tara and I rode Buzzlightyear together and our scores were nearly identical. How crazy is that???
More to follow in post #2....

TBY2225
12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Funny, I just checked to see the comments on my Christmas report and saw you had posted on our September trip!

Can't wait till our girl's only trip next month!

Tara

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
sounds like a great start....did I get it right that there was a September and December trip? How lucky:thumbsup:

d_m_n_n
12-11-2008, 04:17 PM
HOORAY!!! I had all but given up hope for a McGoofy and TBY trip report, then you all come through!! :mickey:

Mackflava99
12-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Terrific Report and great pictures- thanks for sharing- i had never seen opening ceremonies- it was cool to see the pix

faline
12-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Fun read! Looks like everyone is off to a great start! Congrats on your first DVC stay!

mouseketeer mom
12-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Love the pictures!! Especially of those yummy oreos!!!:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-12-2008, 12:09 AM
Love the pictures! Sounds like a great trip...and great food might I add. Those oreos look delicious!!! Yummmmmyyyy :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Ropachs
12-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Thank you for the pictures!!

mrsgaribaldi
12-15-2008, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the report. I love when the pics are in the report. The food looked delicious!!!;)