PDA

View Full Version : New ideas for old pros

KLud
12-11-2008, 12:28 PM
My sister and I are taking advantage of the special pricing in May. We've been to WDW numerous times and so I suggested we try something new (shows, rides, parades etc) that either a)we haven't done in a while or b)are hidden/little known gems. Any suggestions?

teambricker04
12-11-2008, 02:23 PM
I get the same way! We have found that we like to do some of the following:

--Campfire/singalong/movie at FW (or the movie on the beach at BC)
-- Mini golf
-- Tours... DH did the segway at EPCOT with my dad last year and they LOVED it
-- Horseback riding at FW
-- We like the Luau at Poly (not many people do)

There is a new Kim Possible treasure hunt/spy thing that we'll be doing when we are there in January (at EPCOT).

Where will you be staying at? I have some more thinking to do :)

KLud
12-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Love the singalong/movie ideas! That sounds like some low key fun after a long day at the parks.

We'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

Thanks for the input.

packofjedis
12-11-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure if they still do it, but Port Orleans used to have a carriage ride at night through the resort.

You could also rent a SeaRaycer together and ride down to DTD and around the waterways.

mouseketeer mom
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Water mice!
Fireworks cruise!
Family Magic tour! Keys to the Kingdom tour!
OR my family loves the Aqua Seas Tour (scuba diving in the tank at the Living Seas)
Dinner shows!
Cirque La Nouba!(Highly recommend this one)
House of Blues brunch! (We loved this! It was alot of fun!)
Rent a Pontoon boat!
Get your hair braided poolside!
Do a photopass session around the resort!
Just some ideas!

Disney Lynn
12-12-2008, 08:17 AM
If I'm reading your list correctly, you haven't been to WDW since 1/06. If so, Toy Story Midway Mania will keep you occupied for quite a while at DS! Use FP as often as possible. Also, the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor at MK is new (for you).

I also suggest doing a tour or two. We really liked the MK Keys to the Kingdom tour and also the backstage tour at the AK (which was fantastic).

ThanxForNoticin
12-12-2008, 02:46 PM
There are some great ideas from the posters above. I would second a few of them - ride a pontoon boat (I'd recommend getting one at the CR or Poly to take advantage of the big lake), mini golf, and the Cirque show. Some of the tours are great. We also enjoy spending a few hours over at the Boardwalk Resort - they have entertainers along the Boardwalk many nights - it's free and fun. You might then consider walking to Beaches n Cream at the Beach Club for an ice cream snack! Have fun!

Daisy712
12-13-2008, 09:31 AM
We have also been to the world many times and were looking for something different. We decided to taste around the world in EPCOT. In World Showcase, we went to a store in each country's pavillion and bought food that was authentic to the country. We had a blast! In Norway- schoolhouse bread, China -red bean ice cream, etc. It was so much fun just searching for something from the country and then we all shared the treat. It also struck up many conversations with the CMs who helped us find something in their store. Have fun.:thumbsup:

Jeff
12-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I also recommend the snack around the world afternoon - fun but filling.

Plan an afternoon to catch the different Epcot preformances around the world. The skits in the UK are a lot of fun.

Go to the Poly and sit on the beach (sand, chair, hammock or swing) and just soak in the view of the MK, the Contemporary, the Grand Floridian and the monorail and ferrys going to and fro - a great view. Get a drink from the Poly pool bar and enjoy.

MickeyMousse
12-13-2008, 11:35 AM
We have tried to do different things the past couple of trips, especially now that our youngest DS is older.

For dining, we are going to some never tried places such as Japan's Teppan Edo and Le Cellier in Canada.

We have never seen the AK parade, so we're doing that.

The Animation Studio at DHS/MGM was a bright spot during our last trip. We always passed it by, but now it's on our list of must do's in February!

Hope our plans help yours! :mickey:

KLud
12-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Those are all fantastic ideas--going to email my sister right away! Love the treats from aruond the world idea--and the carriage ride and water mice are definitely great ideas!

Thanks everyone!!