PDA

View Full Version : Photo Pass questions for Christmas trip

lovemykaitlyn
12-10-2008, 06:26 AM
We are going 12/25-12/28 to each park. We are not staying on property. We will have our family (3), my parents (2), and my brothers family (6). I have not really ever used photo pass, we had a handful of pictures from our last trip that I did not get.
Some questions:
Would it be too busy this time of year to be worthwhile?
Would it be worth it to prepurchase CD and one book for family?
Can you order more books if you decide?

Do they take pictures of the kids with characters?

Any other helpful info?
Thanks! :santa3:

TinkerbellT421
12-10-2008, 08:28 AM
They aboslutely take pictures of the kids with Characters. Very good ones in fact. And if you catch the right spots and right picture takers they can do cool thing like have stitch jumping in the background. Or put tinkerbell in your hands with the castle behind. Minnie and Mickey with you on a bench. They can insert characters. But those are at certain locations. I am not really sure of the photopass cds/books are. I know they are pricy even if purchased ahead of time. So unless your going to have a lot of pictures IMHO I dont think its worth it. Like me and DBF will maybe have them take 2 or 3 pictures on the photopass card and I usually just print one or two fromt he website and frame those. I dont use those for my scrapbooking or photo albums. But I personally think that unless your getting a lot of photos (100 or so maybe)...its not worth it to me but thats IMHO. And I do not know if they will let you get more than one book, but I am sure they will and at a price of course lol. Hope this helps and I am sure that someone will be along shortly with all the right technical information for you that has done this personally themselves. Either way have a great trip! :mickey::thumbsup:

GrumpyFan
12-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Have each of the family's get a photopass card and have everybody use them whereever they go. Up to 4 of them can be combined onto a cd which will give you lots to pick from. Plus, you can split the cost.

Disney Doll
12-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I agree with Grumpy Fan. Splitting the cost with a group makes the CD much more affordable. Each 5X7 purchased individually is $13 so you only have to buy 10 photos to make the CD cost. The photo books seem a little pricey to me, but I would consider splurging on one for a special trip. A lot of photo sharing sites have photo books you can make for less, but you don't have the Disney backgrounds.

BugeyedMuggy
12-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Get as many pictures as you can and add borders before you finalize your CD. We have about 200 pics taken and double that with adding boarders and characters.