PDA

View Full Version : Xbox games

harlowandthemermaid
12-09-2008, 02:12 PM
I have absolutely no clue when it comes to video games but can anyone recommend some games(for an adult)? I know he probably won't like war type games, maybe more sport or arcade style games. It's for the xbox that doesn't come with the harddrive,but I'm sure he will eventually buy one.

bucky at disney
12-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Guitar Hero for xbox 360 is really fun. We got it for my son - but all of us wanted to play it!

DAKustodial
12-10-2008, 09:35 AM
I have an Xbox 360 myself and all I really only play sports games. If he's a hockey fan, I'd go with NHL 09 by EA Sports...if he's a basketball fan, I'd go with NBA 2K9...if he's a football fan, Madden 09 is the best option for NFL fans and NCAA 09 by EA Sports is the best for college football fans.

I don't really own any arcade-style games but you can download a ton of old classic arcade games from Xbox Live. Hope that helps!

GoofeyAtDisney
12-10-2008, 09:25 PM
BAH! Ok here I go....

It really depends on what kind of game he likes (or you think he would like.) Ill recommend some for each type! (By the way, Im Video Game Obsessed, Ive played over 150 Xbox 360 games...and own around 110.:))

So there are shooters that arent exactly "war" games out there that have excellent stories and are overall really fun. First of all there is Bioshock, a first person shooter that takes place in an underwater city that got rundown by splicers (the enemy) and you have to find out who is in charge and how to get him. Its a really unique game and one of the only shooters I have played through more than once. Secondly, Gears of War 1 and 2. These are sort of "war" games but its against another race (the locusts) and it has won many awards. Its a co-op game which means two people can play through the story together. Also, the online multiplayer is fantastic and requires alot of team work.

If he is interested in Sports games, theres a few I like and would recommend. First of all, NHL 09, the only hockey game I have ever enjoyed playing. Another game, which isnt really a "sports" game but more of an EXTREME sports game, would be Skate. Its a skateboarding game that makes you feel like you have accomplished something every time you land a trick since instead of pressing a button to do tricks, you have to use the analog sticks to move your feet and the board.

Arcade games arent usually the $60 ones you find in the store, but if you have an internet connection hooked up to the Xbox, you can buy Arcade Games off of the Xbox Live Market Place. They vary from $5 to $15 but require Microsoft Points to buy and download. You can find them in stores. I would recommend things like Braid (requires alot of thinking, really deep plot), 3D Minigolf (extremely fun), and Carcassonne (a turn based board type game that talkes alot of strategy and is great to play with others.)

There are more types of games like Role Playing Games which are long story based games that involve alot of choices and missions. I would recommend either Oblivion (ive spent over 50 hours in that game, and still am not even close to being done everything) or Fallout 3. Oblivion takes place in medievil times and has a huge place to explore. You can make money, use spells, explore caves, EVERYTHING! Fallout 3 is rather new, but is the futuristic version of Oblivion.

There are also racing games. I really enjoy Pure. It is an ATV game that has alot of speed, sense of high and action involved. There are alot of tricks involved and its extremely tough near the end, so if he gets frusterated easily, maybe not the game for him. Also, Burnout Paradise. This is a free roaming racing game that doesnt have only races, but crash missions, trick missions, etc.

Strategy games now. The only one I can think of that I loved is Civilization Revolution. This game is a faster paced version of the classic PC game Civilization. Lots of strategy invloved here.

Then there are Action/Adventure games. One that is filled with Zombies and has tons of freedom and variety is Dead Rising. Its basically a video game version of Dawn of the Dead.

Lastly, yes Im almost done, there is the music games like Guitar Hero and RockBand. THe newest ones, RockBand 2 and Guitar Hero On Tour, both have full band experiences. They comes with a fake drum set, a fake guitar and a mic. You play along with the music on the screen where you have to match the notes by either hitting the drum, holding the notes and strumming, or singing the same pitch and tune. YouTube it if you dont understand, but they are both great games. (id lean more towards RockBand 2)

Ok so there you go, hopefully you find him something! :thumbsup: