PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace Dinner Buffet.....Yay or Nay?

WDWRox
12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Among several dining spots we'll be going to in our upcoming trip is the Crystal Palace....for its dinner buffet. We're used to the character breakfast and love it, but how is the food at dinner time?

Hammer
12-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I know I posted in another thread the need for non-character dining in the Magic Kingdom, but this is the only character meal where I really like the food (lunch is good as well). They have lots of different choices which venture off from the standard WDW buffet, and these items are well done :tasty: ! The character interaction isn't of importance to me as food selection and quality will always come first, but it seemed to be pretty good.

DisneyFr33k
12-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Unlike Hammer above, we were not impressed with CP's dinner at all. Granted, we went 5 years ago, but it was average enough that we swore to never go back. I guess the fact that the server wasn't attentive to our needs didn't help either.

I hope it has changed for the better. The food last time was the same stuff you'd see at any local buffet dining at home.

phillydan
12-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Highly recommended - we have done Breakfast and Dinner on different trips and both were outstanding. Plus, you are right there in the park, so it is easy.

PirateLover
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
we had an OK time at dinner. Food was fine, but nothing to rave over. The server was slow with refilling our drinks and clearing the table. For some reason though we found character interaction to be better at dinner than when we had breakfast there twice. It's probably just luck of the draw but thought I'd throw it out there.

TinkerbellT421
12-09-2008, 11:53 AM
I really extrememly enjoyed Crystal Palace dinner buffet so much! I have the best character pictures, I got to flirt with Tigger! And I think the food was very very good. Not the best, but very well worth it and a must do atleast once! :mickey:

jonah'smom
12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
We've not eaten there in a couple of years, but we have had two really great dinners there before.

snuggs30
12-09-2008, 01:15 PM
We just went 3 weeks ago and the service was great and the food was very good! Not a lot for the little ones to choose from, but adult lines are great! Lots of diffrent choices to choose from! :mickey:

dmosher
12-09-2008, 02:19 PM
We 9DW and myself) have done this dinner many times and YES, it has gotten much better. The food, character interaction and (usually) the servers are all wonderful. For this type of meal it is a great experience, even without kids. Go, have fun and enjoy the food, most of which is really good, for a buffet style meal. We have more pics with Tigger, Pooh and friends than any other characters, so you will have a great time!
:pipes:
D

illini
12-09-2008, 03:32 PM
This is the best Disney buffet in terms of food, IMO. The salad bar is much more extensive than at other buffets-- tons of veggie salads and such. Dinner and lunch are both good, very similar. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

SurferStitch
12-09-2008, 04:09 PM
We had dinner there in May, and it was decent. Nothing to write home about, but nothing bad. Was worth a try, though.

We prefer breakfast there. That's always excellent!

diz_girl
12-09-2008, 04:31 PM
I'd highly recommend the dinner buffet. We've had dinner there the past 2 out of 3 trips and it's been great both times.

vicster
12-09-2008, 04:37 PM
We've had the dinner buffet this year and last and found the food really good. We don't have young children anymore so obviously we're not there for the character dining. We would definitely eat there again.

joanna71985
12-09-2008, 04:42 PM
The CP dinner buffet is my favorite! The food is soooo good (and the mashed potatoes are amazing!!:cloud9: )!

ElenitaB
12-09-2008, 09:59 PM
I place my vote firmly in the YAY column.

I found the buffet to be quick varied and good, the desserts weren't to my liking, but I was fine to have another serving of their mashed potatoes for dessert. ;) My DS has always enjoyed it there as well and has found plenty to eat there as well (salads, fruit, pizza, chicken strips, mac & cheese, desserts).

pixiesmimi
12-09-2008, 11:23 PM
:thumbsup: We have enjoyed Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner there. My DH likes it and believe me, he is very picky about where he eats. He travels on his stomach. :)

teambricker04
12-10-2008, 12:56 AM
We have eatten at CP on loads of occasions and prefer breakfast. Dinner was okay, but in the way of character meals for dinner, we perfer Cape May or Garden Grill. Although, they aren't in MK.

We almost always eat CS in MK... Cosmic Ray's is our favorite.

TinkerbellT421
12-10-2008, 09:08 AM
We have eatten at CP on loads of occasions and prefer breakfast. Dinner was okay, but in the way of character meals for dinner, we perfer Cape May or Garden Grill. Although, they aren't in MK.

We almost always eat CS in MK... Cosmic Ray's is our favorite.

I thought Cape May only had Character breakfasts? :confused: Been there a couple of times for dinner no characters...I think its only breakfast.

Mickey91
12-10-2008, 10:18 AM
I would eat breakfast there but I will never eat dinner there again. The service was poor, Pooh was mean, and the food was subpar at best.:ack: