PDA

View Full Version : Any help you can give...

IloveJack
12-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I need a little advice, okay, a lot of advice. While I know more about WDW than most people care to, I know very, very little about DL or CA. I've always wanted to go, but since I live in the South, it's makes much more sense to go to WDW. However, my friend just informed me that she and her fiance are thinking about getting married in June. They live in Long Beach, CA. Being the Disney fanatics that we are, there's no way we're going all that way without spending a couple of days at DL. So, I've got a few questions, but being a newbie to that side of the country, any advice you've got would be appreciated.

* I don't have an actual date yet, but we're looking at June, most likely. Anything special going on during that month that we should/shouldn't avoid?
*I'm pretty sure the wedding will be on a Saturday. Would it be better for us to go on Thursday and Friday, or Saturday and Sunday?
*For that matter, is two days enough time to visit both parks?
*Before answering the above, I should've told you we have a baby. She'll be 8 months old in June. Any advice on taking her?
*Should be bring our own stroller, or rent one? Right now, she spends a lot of time in a Snugli, but she'll be about 10lbs heavier by then.
*What should/shouldn't we miss in the parks? I'm going to call and get a planning video, but I really know nothing at all about CA. I know it's more thrill park than DL, should we even bother with an 8 month old?
*What's different at DL from WDW that we should make sure and do? I know I want to ride POC, because it's different. What else?
*I know all about baby swap, but I also know DH and I are not the kind to spend any of our time apart. What can we do that our baby can enjoy with us?
*Of course, since it's not very likely that we'll be on the other side of the country again very soon, is there anything "baby-swap-worthy" that we shouldn't skip?
*Is there a resort comprable to the All-Stars at WDW? We obviously have to stay somewhere for the wedding, and I'm not sure we'd move during the trip, but I'm just keeping my options open, and my expenses low.

I know that's a lot, and I'm sure I'll be back with more later, but thanks for now. :)

tdhiatt
12-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Well for starters Thursday would be better than a weekend if you want to avoid the crowds. The park will be less crowded in the begining of June than the end. We just went with our 3 year old. We took a small unbrella stroller and then because we have a Disney visa and the rental was free we got one every day as well. We stayed across the street, so we would use the umbrella stroller to walk there and then fold it up and hang in on their stroller while at the park. Also this is helpful if you want to go to Downtown Disney (because you can't take theirs out of the park. When we just went we flew on Jet Blue into Long Beach. It was the best. T.V.'s in the backs of every seat. We went long ago when our daughter was one. WE just went for the experience. We watched the parades. We did Pirates, and had a lot of picture moments. And actually last month when we went Me and my husband went by our selves on our favorite rides once. It was worth it. As far as where to stay the Disneyland hotel is cute, but if you want to stay for less money, you can stay directly across the street. There is a Best Western Park Place Inn, that is Directly across from the park