PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get a preferred room:(

DlandMommy
12-09-2008, 01:05 AM
We just changed our reservations from all star sports to POFQ.We were unable to get a preferred room and I was wondering if there is such thing as a bad room there.I was also wondering how many bus stops they have:)Thanks for any help:D

tadshome
12-09-2008, 02:45 AM
I have not stayed at POFQ but have booked for next year and from what I have read there is no such thing as a bad room there. There is only one bus stop for this resort but several at it's sister resort POR and most of the time they share a bus that stops at POFQ first.

PetefromRI
12-09-2008, 06:08 AM
There are no preferred rooms at POFQ as far as I know.It's our favorite mod and we request Bldg.#4,it's right next to the foodcourt and bus stop.It's pretty small in comparison to other Disney resorts and we love it.

CanadianWDWFan
12-09-2008, 08:10 AM
POFQ is our favourite moderate resort. IMHO there is no bad room at POFQ. From any room on the resort you can be there is only a short walk to the pool, bus stop, food court or boat dock. Our favourite Building is #5.

There is only one bus stop at the resort. Most buses are shared with POR. But POFQ gets picked up first. I do remember that on the way back from the parks that POFQ did have its own bus most of the time.

Go down and enjoy your stay at POFQ, you won't be disappointed.

kakn7294
12-09-2008, 08:23 AM
POFQ is my favorite resort (and to think I never wanted to stay there!). I don't think you'll regret the upgrade. There is only 1 bus stop at POFQ and there are no preferred room, only standard view or water view. I love the layout of the resort - the buildings are set up in straight lines like streets - including street signs! It's so easy to find your way around and convenient to get anywhere - even the furthest buildings are just a short distance from everything. We've been in building 4 twice - it's the closest to the bus stop. Buses do frequently share with POR but tend to pick up & drop off at POFQ first.

vicster
12-09-2008, 08:50 AM
We stayed there for the first time last September and I was surprised at how much smaller a resort it is. Everything is defiitely within waking distance - we were in Building 7 and it wasn't very far at all. The food court and bus stop aren't far at all and there's a boat that will take you to the Marketplace. Last year we tried CBR and that resort was just too large. Forget buying the mugs unless you want to take an internal bus to go get a drink. We're diehard WL fans who decided to try moderates and I really liked POFQ just because it's so much smaller than other resorts.

mudpuppysmom
12-09-2008, 08:57 AM
We stayed there a couple years ago and I had requested a bldg close to the food court/pool and main bldg and we got bldg 7 (as far out as you can be I think). In the end I actually REALLY liked being out there!! DH dropped DS and I off right at our door (well, about 10 steps) each night and I carried a sleeping kid to our room with no problem!

In the mornings it was a nice walk to the food court to get breakfast. It took me maybe 5 mintues to get there.

The pool was also about 5 minutes if that, so we ran off some energy on the way there and back!

It was a quiet place too, so relaxing. I don't remember hearing anything or anyone the whole week we were there.

If we stayed there again, which I would -- I think I would specifically ask for bldg 7 on the ground floor! Sounds strange, but we liked it there -- on the ground floor in that bldg!

You will have a great time there!!

FenwayGirl
12-09-2008, 03:23 PM
This is my favorite resort. It is on the small side, so all the rooms are within easy walking distance of the food courts, pools etc

DlandMommy
12-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks for all the help:DJust one ore thing how easy is it to get a king size bed and if we cant get one our first day will they get us one the first day one becomes available:mickey:

vicster
12-09-2008, 04:34 PM
It probably depends on availability and they do have a limited number of kings. Definitely ask for one if it becomes available and I'm sure they'll accommodate you.

CleveRocks
12-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Thanks for all the help:DJust one ore thing how easy is it to get a king size bed and if we cant get one our first day will they get us one the first day one becomes available:mickey:

It probably depends on availability and they do have a limited number of kings. Definitely ask for one if it becomes available and I'm sure they'll accommodate you.
It doesn't work that way at POFQ. At POFQ, as well as at the other 3 Moderate resorts, king-size bed is a separate room category that costs more per night and must be reserved that way. If it is merely REQUESTED, it is doubtful (but not impossible) you will get it, because everyone with a reservation for that room category will get it before you will, and also because it would mean they are giving you a free upgrade.

vicster
12-10-2008, 08:43 AM
It doesn't work that way at POFQ. At POFQ, as well as at the other 3 Moderate resorts, king-size bed is a separate room category that costs more per night and must be reserved that way.

I would've paid more for a king - a double bed just didn't cut it with my husband and I.

Goes4FastPass
12-10-2008, 09:37 AM
If your room at POFQ if as far from the main (lobby, food court, store, bus trans) building as it can be, it will be a considerable hike, especially at the end of the day when everyone in your group is bushed.

CleveRocks
12-10-2008, 05:29 PM
If your room at POFQ if as far from the main (lobby, food court, store, bus trans) building as it can be, it will be a considerable hike, especially at the end of the day when everyone in your group is bushed.

Although it's always possible that two people can judge the same circumstance very differently, I'm wondering if you're thinking of POR instead of POFQ.

At POFQ, the farthest point from the food court is the far corner of Building 1 by the river. I timed this walk, at a very normal and easy pace, at 3 minutes 20 seconds. There are many resorts where an average room would be farther from a bus stop than that.

Goes4FastPass
12-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I was referring to the far side of Building 7 which is almost all the way to POR...