PDA

View Full Version : First time at WDW during Christmas...

brad817
12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
We're leaving Thursday for our first Disney visit during Christmas time. What are the "can't miss" Christmas things to do and see??

We're going to Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom and Disney Studios. We've got the Osborne Lights Festival on our list. I've heard that the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian is pretty awesome. What other things at those parks or elsewhere should be make a priority?

Thanks!:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
12-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Tour the countries in Epcot for the special "Santas", and definitely catch St. Nick in America--he and Mrs. Claus are great!!!

HndrdPrcnt
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Be sure to do some ice skating at Downtown Disney!!

Belster
12-09-2008, 12:01 AM
This makes me want to visit during this time of year. :mickey:

jnfr2424
12-09-2008, 10:43 AM
If you have time check out some of the other resorts to see how they decorate for the Holidays - great picture opportunity

valjane
12-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Be sure to do some ice skating at Downtown Disney!!

They haven't had ice skating at DTD in years, unfortunately.

I would add that the Wilderness Lodge is a must-see during Christmas, as well as Boardwalk and Beach Club!

I didn't see Epcot on your list-- that's the most spectacular of all!

#1donaldfan
12-09-2008, 02:48 PM
are the Santa's there after the 25th...?????:confused:

teambricker04
12-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Tour the countries in Epcot for the special "Santas", and definitely catch St. Nick in America--he and Mrs. Claus are great!!!

oooh, yeah! This is great. My DS#1 was nearly 2 when we went right before Christmas a few years ago, and was NOT into Santa AT ALL. After we saw the Santas around WS he warmed up and actually had his picture taken with Pere Noel, albeit standing two feet away, but he was smiling!

We like the gingerbread house at GF and the big tree there. Be sure to check out the Osborne Lights at DHS... they are cool, especially with the glasses you can get!

Have you though of doing the MVMCP??? I hear it is fun, although I have never been.

TBY2225
12-09-2008, 03:29 PM
We just got back on Sunday and really enjoyed the Candlelight Processional in Epcot. Also the big tree and light arches in Future World. We didn't see it, but I hear there is a special ending to Illuminations also. If you can swing it the MVMCP was outstanding. If not, the decorations in the MK are great anyway. The Osborne Lights in DHS were fantastic also! I highly recommend resort hoping to see the decorations. We loved the GF Gingerbread house. Make sure to check for the hidden Mickeys and if you get a chance taste some of the goodies they have for sale!