PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Gift for a Music Lover?

Dulcee
12-08-2008, 04:40 PM
So every Christmas my cousins and I do a secret santa and the gift has to be homemade. This year I got my younger cousin Danny who is a junior in highschool. He loves music and the guitar so I want to go that route but I can't come up with any good homemade ideas. I'm quite crafty so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SBETigg
12-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Perhaps some sort of decorated notebook to keep his music in, and maybe some personalized blank music sheets? If he uses sheet music. Or you could handpaint some guitar picks.

RenDuran
12-08-2008, 07:48 PM
To go along with Sherri's idea of hand painted picks, you could always go to one of those paint your own pottery places and paint a little bowl to keep his small guitar stuff in. I keep a small bowl on the table in my husband's music room and he keeps his picks and capos in it.

crazypoohbear
12-08-2008, 08:22 PM
What about buying a plain guitar strap and then decorating it for him?
You could make custom tee shirts for him as well
a pair of jeans or converse sneakers painted with music stuff.

kakn7294
12-08-2008, 08:39 PM
What about a stack of blank CD's with personalized labels so he can record his own music? You could also make matching labels for the jewel cases. I do mine on the computer and use my printer with pre-cut CD labels so they are a single surface and less likely to lift and become stuck in the player.

PlutoToo
12-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Maybe instead of buying a plain strap and decorating it, you could use his favorite teams colors and macrame a strap.

Tick-Tock
12-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Draw the sheet music for the chorus of his favorite song in an artistic way and frame it.

handmaidenofprincesses
12-09-2008, 06:47 PM
My mom and I have made some nice boxes by ripping up the old sheet music and covering a box in the pieces and white glue. Once it's dried you can paint images and messages over it. They're easy, and they make cute trinket boxes!:thumbsup: