PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's One Night at Pop The Ride Home and Final Thoughts

Beach Club Babe
12-08-2008, 09:26 AM
After fueling up we were on the road by 6:40 PM. We hit some minor traffic on I-4, but nothing major. We took our time going home and pulled over to rest more times than normal. It was a really uneventful trip home. Not much to say, except we really enjoyed the even lower gas prices along the way than at home. In August it cost us twice as much in gas. We arrived home about 2:00 PM the next day, told you we took our time. Just enough time to grab showers and then wait for Emily to get off the bus. She was very glad to see us, as we were to see her! We all survived that 1st trip with Emily at home. However, she stated clearly that she would definitely be going when we take Courtney back to school after Christmas break! I don't know we'll see. Perhaps, Courtney may even be flying back.

As for those who wondered how Courtney felt about us popping over to Disney without her, let's just say she is pretty Ok with it. Since she has been away at school, she has been to Universal for their Halloween nights (not sure what they're called), she definitely did not enjoy her first ever visit. They waited 2 hours to walk through a Haunted House that was incredibly lame. The only thing she enjoyed was The Mummy. She will not be returning, ever in her words. She's also been to Magic Kingdom, where she reveled in leading her pack of friends around for a great day. They all said it was so great to have a map then pointing to her. She even converted a couple of non-believers. They went to Busch Gardens, which she said was nice, but obviously nowhere near Disney in her mind. Finally, her group went to watch the last Space Shuttle launch which she thought was amazing! I'm sure they'll be other fun days in her future as well, so no need to worry about her. Also, she had to finish up a project in which she was project leader and make a robot that played air hockey and a 29 page written and power point presentation. She was very excited that her team made the finals amd finished 6th!

The crowds in MK were very light all day, which was great for us since we only had the one day in the parks. The few CM's we did encounter seemed friendly and the park was clean. The only rude guests we encountered were when Ron & Ashleigh were entering Space Mt. and a family of four pushed past them at the last second. As it turned out it was rather funny in the end, as they wound up riding all together. It was obvious that it was their 1st time, as the father kept making the most ridiculous squealing noises and saying awesome! a thousand times! Their was the family spanking the child on the bus that upset me, but I wouldn't call that rude so much as intolerant. The funniest comment I heard was at Pop, while I was at Concierge. A father and son came up to the CM and with eyes open wide, rubbing their hands together, and practically salivating, said, "We have dinner reservations at Cinderella's Royal Table tonight. Can you tell me where that is?" Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I thought well maybe, but still how...? When the CM replied in Cinderella's Castle and he replied "Where's that?" I almost lost it. I did hear some more good ones, even in that short amount of time.

Ron's final thought was that if even if re going to continue these short trips, or go back to longer ones, we absolutely need to go back to getting AP's, hey no arguments from me buddy!

I guess that's all for now. Hopefully, we might get another short one in there, before baby comes, but who knows.

mouseketeer mom
12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Short, but super sweet!! Glad you had a great time!

faline
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Even though it was short, it sounds like it was a fun time!

jillluvsdisney
12-08-2008, 07:26 PM
What fun parents you are!! Hope things are coming along well for you.:mickey:

RedSoxFan
12-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Heather --- it was a short trip; but a fun trip. Sounds like Courtney is doing great at college.:mickey:

vizsla
12-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
12-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the great report Heather. I'm so glad that Courtney is happy at college and you are able to incorporate seeing her and going to Disney!

Enjoy your holidays!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
12-15-2008, 08:03 AM
It's amazing just how much fun short trips to WDW can be. Thanks for sharing it with us.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-16-2008, 08:54 AM
That's hilarious, I can't believe he didn't know where the castle was...