PDA

View Full Version : Sci Fi seating

DisneyLoversx4
12-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Can a family of 5 sit in a car at sci-fi?

disneymom07
12-08-2008, 07:16 AM
We did, it was my DH and DMIL in one seat and in the other was myself and DS7 and DS4. We had plenty of room.

CanadianWDWFan
12-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Some cars even hold 6. There will be three rows of seats.

mouseketeer mom
12-08-2008, 08:42 AM
You can do it, but one of you might need to sit alone in one of the rows of seats. The one and only time we ate here was a couple of years ago. Then DD's were 10 and 8, and sat in the front row of the car. DH and DS, then 5, sat in the middle row of the car, and I sat alone in the last row. You couldn't really talk or anything, I didn't like the whole set up of it.

Jared
12-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Can a family of 5 sit in a car at sci-fi?
Yes, but my family did not appreciate the seating arrangement and likely will not return to the restaurant.

Though the theme is intriguing, it is almost impossible for a group of your size to have a legitimate conversation during dinner. Sitting in rows was unnerving and uncomfortable, and we felt distant. People in the front had to contort and spin to talk to someone in the back. The result was a couple of obtuse and private discussions throughout the car, which we found frustrating.

If I return to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, it will be with one other person. In that case, the setup will be undeniably cute.

:tasty:

Ropachs
12-08-2008, 07:47 PM
I agree completely with the PP. We were a party of 5 plus a baby in a highchair. We were in a car with 3 rows...me and highchair, then DH and DS, then my in-laws. Very difficult to pass condiments, etc, or talk. HIGHLY annoying to have the highchair floating out in the aisle where everyone was tripping over it. I would only recommend for a party of either 2 or possibly 4.

DisneyPrincess21
12-08-2008, 08:59 PM
my family did not appreciate the seating arrangement and likely will not return to the restaurant.
Though the theme is intriguing, it is almost impossible for a group of your size to have a legitimate conversation during dinner. Sitting in rows was unnerving and uncomfortable, and we felt distant. People in the front had to contort and spin to talk to someone in the back. The result was a couple of obtuse and private discussions throughout the car, which we found frustrating.If I return to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, it will be with one other person. In that case, the setup will be undeniably cute.
:tasty:

Just a suggestion from our last trip. You can always get a "table car". It still looks like a car in the front and back but it is a table with chairs. So instead of you guys having your backs to each other. You sit just like you would at a regular table. That is what our family did and we like it very much. Just let the cm know when you check in you want a "table w/chairs car" instead of the "booth car". :thumbsup: