PDA

View Full Version : Potential January trip...Advice?

Lightning McQueen
12-08-2008, 01:40 AM
A potential trip just presented itself for the week of January 5!

If you know about the crowds/weather during this time, could you please chime in with any feedback?

January is listed as a very good time to go, but I'm not sure if schools are back in by that time. I also don't know if it would be cold.

Thanks in advance!

Strmchsr
12-08-2008, 08:23 AM
I think the marathon is that week which seems to have spiked the crowds. As for the weather, check the historic weather page in info central to see the exact conditions for that week for the last few years.

Incidentally, looks like I'll be there myself that week for a conference. See you there! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Be prepared for any kind of weather. During our last January trip, we had some days that were freezing, gloves and coats freezing. Other days were sit by the pool in the balmy warm sun! And..the temps changed thruout the day. It started out very chilly most mornings, then warmed up nicely, then became freezing at night. We found we needed to carry more around then usual, just to be prepared.

FenwayGirl
12-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I love January. The majority of my trip have been in this month. The weather is unpredictable...so bring clothes that you can layer (usually colder morning and evening) But not a lot of rain.
I have been in WDW during the marathon and it is not bad at all. The weekend might get a little crowded, but the weekdays should be fine