PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Magic: Day 9 – Saturday, Nov 29th

SFTrny
12-06-2008, 01:07 PM
We slept in. Well, at least compared to the other days when we were up at 5 or 6 am at the latest. I think we made it to 7 am on Saturday. No rushing because our flight wasn’t until 5:30 that evening. We had breakfast and packed. We had some leftover laundry soap, foil, and a few bottles of water, so we took a last golf cart excursion to the laundry room to leave them for whomever might want them. One more loop around FW and then back to the cabin. Then minivan was packed and we headed for the front gate. Golf cart return and check-out was very fast. We drove to Epcot for one more ride on Spaceship Earth and then walked to our ADR at Rose and Crown for lunch. We really enjoyed the food, including the cheese try appetizer with onion relish. Our server was able to give us the recipe for the onion relish, so we’ll have to experiment making that sometime soon.

With a little extra time, we dove to the Grand Floridian for a last pass through the shops. For the first time all week, we had trouble parking. GF parking was closed to everyone other than guests staying at that particular resort. Since we were only running in for an hour, the guard lets us park at the wedding pavilion and walk over. Hooray! 45 minutes later, we were on our way to the airport.

Rental car return was flawless. We were able to easily get our boarding passes and check our luggage too. Security is where we hit a snag, and we were glad that we had left extra time. Because of the wheelchair, we were directed over to a separate queue. Three of us went through without issue, but the daughter using chair needed a manual inspection and pat-down. It took a little while to get the “female assist” for the pat down. Then, they had to use an x-ray type machine on her cast. We didn’t have this added bonus at Dulles airport, but even though it took a long time, the TSA agents were polite and professional.

We had a bumpy but uneventful flight and all of our luggage came through fine. Our driver and van was waiting for us, and we were home by 9:00. Unpacking could wait until morning. We were exhausted from a great week at WDW and were glad we had planned the Saturday return so that we could use Sunday to get ready and back into the weekly routine.

faline
12-06-2008, 05:26 PM
I've really enjoyed your reports and am sorry they have come to an end!

SFTrny
12-06-2008, 08:21 PM
They don't have to come to an end. Feel free to send us back and I'll keep writing!
:blush:

TinkerbellT421
12-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Sounds like a great trip! Too bad it had to come to an end. :(

mouseketeer mom
12-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Great reports! I really enjoyed reading about every day!!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
12-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Thanks for all the great Reports! :smickey:

DizNee143
12-09-2008, 09:34 AM