PDA

View Full Version : Return to the Magic: Day 5 – Tuesday , Nov 25th

SFTrny
12-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Back to Epcot and on the way there we saw five wild turkeys on the WDW grounds on our way to the park. Hope they make it through the week!

Again, we arrived a little after opening only this time the parking attendant let us park in the accessible parking. This was the only time we parked in the accessible parking and it wasn’t that much closer than where they were parking everyone else.

We usually go around the World Showcase counter-clockwise, starting at Canada. I don’t know why, but we just seem to head that way. So this time, we started at Mexico and went the opposite way. The changes to the boat ride in Mexico are a dramatic improvement. Of course, that ride had a LONG way to go anyway, but it was a nice update. Oh, we noticed that the margarita kiosk was open that day, but we bypassed it.

At Norway, there was a 20 minute wait for Maelstrom so we grabbed a Fast Pass – which was for 30 minutes later and jumped over to China to see the movie. After the movie and some shopping, we jumped back to Norway and walked right onto Maelstrom.

This day, lunch was at Liberty Inn, and was standard fast food fare. This was probably the least favorite meal of our trip. The food was fine, and there were no complaints. But it was the standard hamburger, chicken sandwich, fries and nuggets type food. If you have finicky kids, this is your place! Otherwise…I’d recommend finding another food venue. Italy could use a good counter service restaurant. Or maybe something interesting and new in the Outpost section between China and Germany.

Back at the cabin, dinner was our daughter’s favorite comfort food – Chicken and Rice – with fresh green beans. This is so easy to make. The pre-packed Chicken and Rice mixes at the grocery cook in 10 minutes. I usually add just a little more water to these, and then before the rice is done, toss in the leftover chicken from the grill – cut into small cubes.

faline
12-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Another very nice Epcot day!

mouseketeer mom
12-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Another great day!!:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
MMMM Chicken and Rice :tasty:

pdrlkr
12-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
12-08-2008, 03:57 PM
sounds like another nice day at epcot...dinner sounded very yummy for tonight!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I agree with the American pavilion food, we ate there last time and weren't impressed