PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Festive Frolics part 6

dlpmikki
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Monday 1st December
The humans have a lunch package for the 5pm performance of the Candlelight Processional today. It is quite cold so they fill up my backpack with sweaters and coats and say there is no room for me. Meeoow.

They tell me they enjoyed the lunch at Nine Dragons. The recent redecoration does not seem to have been as radical as once believed. The menu seems interesting and the humans are likely to go again. Today, however, it was not busy.

Now that it’s December, the humans decide they need to look for Christmas presents for people back home. The shops in China, Germany and Japan have lots of ideas – and some are not too expensive.

The Candlelight Processional is a wonderful performance. The humans were towards (but not right at) the front and towards one side. They had a good view part of the guest choir; of the percussionist; and above all of the tall guy in the row in front who was determined to video everything. However, it didn’t matter. It is the music, words and overall show that counts. Mikki reported a great “feel good” to start the Christmas season early.

The lights of Epcot are going strong and the humans have lots of photopass pictures taken. Ah well, they can take me another evening. As they get home, the bus driver points out their first good sighting of Venus and Jupiter – which appear close to each other and bright in the sky at the moment.

Tuesday 2nd December
We have fixed up a massage for Andrew at the spa at the Dolphin this morning. He seems better after it and while he is having it Mikki takes me round the Epcot resorts. It is quite a walk for her and I am grateful for all the chances for pictures – mostly with Christmas decorations.

Still wanting to stay relaxed, we drive to a Wal-Mart on Turkey Lake Road. It is similar to the one on Sand Lake that we have visited before – but a little nearer.

Next, we go to the Marketplace and eat in at Puck Express. There’s something unusual about the Marketplace – it is crowded. We go into Art of Disney and find that in the early afternoon it as packed as World of Disney sometimes gets in the evening. The CM says they don’t have enough people on as it wasn’t expected to be this busy.

The humans both rest for an hour before Mikki takes me to Epcot to meet John, one of the owners of “Owners’ Locker” and take some pictures with me. I had my picture taken several times and Mikki enjoyed the meet and watching Illuminations on a fairly empty evening (the cold weather may have been part of the reason!).

She comes back with a lighted necklace for herself and a cute light up Tinker Bell for Andrew. Too much Tink attention in my view!

JPL
12-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Another Great installment Figaro :thumbsup:

I can't wait to join in the fun Next Thursday and hopefully become part of the reports :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Great report! Who was the speaker at the Candlelight Processional?

faline
12-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Looking forward to seeing some more Figaro pictures in the near future!

I didn't know there was a Wal Mart on Turkey Lake Road. Is it new?

A couple of spendid days!

vizsla
12-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
12-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DizNee143
12-08-2008, 09:26 AM
sounds like a great two days..:mickey:

disneydrmr
12-08-2008, 03:02 PM
No room for Figaro??? How dare they!? :D You should've made one of your humans type up the report since they left you behind! Sounds like they had a couple of nice days. Keep the reports coming!

laward32
12-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-24-2009, 06:34 PM
poor thing you got left behind. It sounds like your humans had a couple of great days.