PDA

View Full Version : Confused About The Menu's

DisneyPrincess21
12-05-2008, 09:11 PM
I have never been to a restaurant this "fancy" before, so excuse me if my question seems stupid.:blush: I have been looking at menu's for california grill. And I was wondering, Do you have to order the first course and the main course. Or can you order anything you want. Like just the flatbread for dinner. Or just the first course. How does it work. It's kinda out of my price range, But I could probably swing the price of the flatbread or maybe a first course. But I don't want to get there and find out I have to order a first course then a main course and so on. Sorry if I sound like a cheapo. But I have to budget out my meal money ahead of time. :blush:

faline
12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
You must be talking about California Grill. Feel free to order as much or as little as you are comfortable with. There are times when we go right to the main course and find that enough for us so don't order dessert. There are other times that we want a longer dining experience. Whatever works for you will be fine!

wendy*darling
12-05-2008, 10:16 PM
You can even just go for dessert and coffee if you want. :thumbsup:

You do not have to order full 3 or 4 course meals at any restaurant in WDW.
If all you want is the appetizer (first course) or a flat bread- that's OK.

Just tell your server when you are seated that you are just having a snack... or dessert... or whatever you have decided.

And enjoy! :tasty:

DisneyPrincess21
12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
You can even just go for dessert and coffee if you want. :thumbsup:

You do not have to order full 3 or 4 course meals at any restaurant in WDW.
If all you want is the appetizer (first course) or a flat bread- that's OK.

Just tell your server when you are seated that you are just having a snack... or dessert... or whatever you have decided.

And enjoy! :tasty:

That's good to know! I usually do the appetizer's for my meal at the other restaurants like rainforest cafe. But I didn't know if this was frowned upon at a "fancy" restaurant like California Grill etc..

mom2morgan
12-06-2008, 01:01 PM
I know how you feel, because I always end up feeling some how "guilty" for occupying a table space and then just ordering appetizers or dessert...

wendy*darling
12-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Don't feel guilty.
If you just order appetizers or dessert, you are occupying the table for a shorter period of time than you would if you had a full meal.
The table turns over faster and the server will get another party there for another meal.

It all works out! :thumbsup:

Jared
12-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Don't feel guilty.
If you just order appetizers or dessert, you are occupying the table for a shorter period of time than you would if you had a full meal.
The table turns over faster and the server will get another party there for another meal.

It all works out! :thumbsup:
Exactly! In reality, you are giving another group a chance to try California Grill faster. Please try not to feel guilty. It's an expensive restaurant, and you are well within your rights to simply sample the fare instead of having a full meal.

:tasty: