PDA

View Full Version : What games for Wii?

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Santa might be bringing us a Wii. I understand it comes with Wii Sports. Should we buy another game to go with it?

If you recommend buying an additional game, what are the most popular?

(Major players will be DD7 and DS5 . . .and sometimes mommy and daddy!) :blush:

Disney Doll
12-05-2008, 05:49 PM
For this one DH recommends Mario Cart. It seems to be a favorite for everyone. It's easy enough for little kids and is something a little different with the stearing wheel controller.

mic_keyfan
12-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Definetely Mario Cart!!! I am not a big video game fan, but love to play this with my DS13 and DS7 as well as their father!! Otherwise, Carnival games has been fun, Mater national (if they like Cars) We also have Wii fitness, and reaklly enjoy that as well!

mook3y
12-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Another nod to Mario Kart. It is a fun game that you don't get tired of because you have "finished" it. Plus if you hook it up to an Internet connection, you can play against other people (even meet friends to compete).

This game will take a little bit for the 5 year old to pick up most likely, but the game helps to give weaker players items to help them catch up.

Next, I would highly recommend Boom Blox. This game is fun for all ages and has become a favorite with friends and family at our home. It was designed by Stephen Spielberg to be a game that little kids to grandparents would enjoy playing together. He hit it dead on.

Out of the 20 games I own, and others I have played, these are my 2 favorite games.

I would also suggest buying Wii Play as it comes with an extra wiimote and can be found for $5 - $10 more than just the wiimote.

Now for the adults... Wii Fit is a lot of fun and IS one heck of a workout too!

Oh, and plan on the BIG kids spending more time than you might think playing the wii. lol its very addicting! My parents 60+ have never played video games at all. They invite themselves over to play! ;)

DisneyTiff
12-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I agree that Mario cart is a great game. It's lots of fun to play.

Also, Wii Fit. I use mine all the time, and I'm not that big of a video game person.

RedSoxFan
12-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Mario Kart is a favorite for DD12 and DS16.

VWL Mom
12-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Another games good for all ages is Active Life Outdoor Challenge. It comes with a mat and can be one or two players. You do things like jump rope, cart races, kayaking. Has different skill levels. I like it because it gets them off the couch and moving.

tinksmom02
12-06-2008, 10:53 PM
I agree with the other posters...WiiPlay is good, and comes with an extra remote, and MarioCart is lots of fun. We also like to play Carnival games.

I think ;) DD6 might be getting the Carnival Mini Golf and Disney Sing It for Christmas. Also, the lego batman game, but I much prefer the active games.

Those cooking games look like fun, has anyone tried them?

Kenny1113
12-07-2008, 10:02 AM
My DS7 LOVES lego indiana jones and lego starwars! Mariocart (as mentioned several times above). DS4 likes egames playground. But for the most part, when they first got their wii, they just really enjoyed the games that came with it. Wii fit is a little difficult for the kids to do but I enjoy it (love the hula hooping).

SurferStitch
12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
For this one DH recommends Mario Cart. It seems to be a favorite for everyone. It's easy enough for little kids and is something a little different with the stearing wheel controller.

Here's another vote for Mario Cart. That's my favorite Wii game so far!! I'm always Yoshi. :blush:

Soccer_coach
12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Hi,

We're a bunch of video game nuts in my family. With 4 kids ages 6 to 14, we have a ride range of tastes. We have 4 DS's, two WII's and a PS3 (I know a bit excessive, but...)

There's been some great suggestions, especially Mario Kart. I would also suggest The Legend of Zelda, Twilight Princess. Now, your kids are probably too young to play it, but I had a LOT of fun playing this game with my kids. The game keeps track of how long you play, and it took us 72 hours of game time to complete! Each night, after chores and homework, we would sit down to play some Zelda. I would play, and the kids would "armchair quarterback". I would get home from work at night, and the my youngest daughter (5 at the time) would meet me in the garage to make sure we played Zelda that night. Since this is a story-driven adventure game, it is almost as much fun to watch as it is to play.

I recommend this game because it is one that parents and kids can enjoy together.

Mickey'sGirl
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
WE really love Wii Sports (it comes with the unit), and the Mario Olympics (oodles of fun!). We can all play and laugh and enjoy! Both of our boys like the LEGO games best, however (Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Batman). DS10 also love the Hockey (he plays in the non-cyber world too).

AuntDJ
12-08-2008, 03:40 PM
We love Mario Kart...but...

we LOVE LOVE LOVE American Idol...we are 62, 39, 37, 11, 10, 6..

There are not words for how many hours we have spent singing American Idol style. You can be on easy, which basically means the kids could hum and still get a great score or on a harder level. It has some great older songs that I never thought our kids would know all the words to.

The 6 year old goes around sing Copa Cabana!

We do love the Wii Sport that comes with it..we love to bowl!

Enjoy!
DJ

the other micki
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
My DSs (8 and 6) really enjoy Mario Kart and also Mario Galaxy.

LarryBoy
12-08-2008, 05:32 PM
I too have it on goo authority that Santa is bringing us a Wii. What do ya'll think about Mario Party 8? Also has anybody played Star Wars Lightsaber Duels?

TinkiTime1989
12-08-2008, 06:03 PM
I too have it on goo authority that Santa is bringing us a Wii. What do ya'll think about Mario Party 8? Also has anybody played Star Wars Lightsaber Duels?

We don't have Star Wars Lightsaber Duels, but we do have Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and it is AWESOME!

AuntDJ
12-09-2008, 12:03 PM
We have Mario Party 8...it is enjoyable and our 9 yr old loves it....my only problem is it feels like the game lasts FOREVER!

It does have an ending, which is better than some games...but it is not a quick game at all.

Enjoy
DJ

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
This just in from Santa: We will soon be the proud owners of Mario Kart along with our new Wii.

Thanks for all the input!!
:mickey:

jrkcr
12-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks everyone for posting all this info!
I too am getting a wii from Santa!! I know this cause I have been on his "Nice" list for years, so I pretty much get whatever I ask for. I'd like to get the wii fit cause I need the "fit" part alot! :scale:

Is it easy to set up a wii?

15 more days till wiiiiii! :sleigh:

Kenny1113
12-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Is it easy to set up a wii?

Yes! It is sooo easy! Color cordinated cables, then the wii walks you through everything else. ENjoy!

IamBelle
12-14-2008, 01:28 PM
For my Wii, we have Wii fit, which is very fun, Wario (it has a bunch of games, it is so cool!), Guitar Hero (so addicting and fun), Mario Paper, Spongebob, and Summer Beach Sports (horseshoes, badmitton, golf) Enjoy!

MickeyMousse
12-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Mario Kart :drive: is a huge hit with our DS's ages 11 and 7!!! Even Mommy and Daddy get to play once in awhile!

Our DS11 loves Guitar Hero, too.

Wii Music is great for the whole family.:thumbsup:

stitchaholic
12-14-2008, 06:43 PM
we just got dance,dance revolution,what a blast! speed racer is alot of fun as well,one of my favorite games,and wii sports is fun too,i love the boxing and tennis!:thumbsup: