PDA

View Full Version : Moderate to Deluxe (Leave Dec.11th!!)

zoopop
12-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone,

Here is my dilemma. We leave next week (Dec. 11th thru Dec. 16th) & everything is paid for, plains are set, and our party consist of 4 of us (1 1st timer) all in the same room.

We have a standard room w/ discount (promo from early this year) at the Coronado Springs. We stayed here in 2007 and absolutely loved it. The transportation and theming are really semi-deluxe giving Disney guest the best bang for your buck when it comes to resorts (I think).

My wife and I were watching Samantha Brown last night on the Travel Channel showcasing the Wilderness Lodge. I love that place, we visited it in 2006 and always wanted to stay there. After seeing it again on TV with the holiday decorations my wife & I were really wanting to stay there for our trip next week. So of course I called Disney this morning and they can’t upgrade us with our discount. The discount was only good till March 31st 2008.

Should I just keep our paid for reservation w/ discount or should I just splurge to pay the standard rates at the WL. Were talking about a $900 upgrade!!! I really don’t think it is worth it at all. Please tell me I’m right. Thanks.

VWL Mom
12-05-2008, 12:40 PM
As much as I love WL, $900 is a lot of money. I would say stick with Coronado Springs (since you like it there) and make an ADR for Artist Point one night and visit.

mkymouse0206
12-05-2008, 12:59 PM
We LOVE WL but even I don't love it $900 more.:spend: Keep what you've got, it is already paid for, and use the $900 you will save for christmas. There is nothing keeping you from dropping in the lodge for a visit, sitting in front of the fire and enjoying the decorations.:cloud9: The good news is that they won't charge you for that!! :mickey: Have a magical Disney Christmas!!!!:santa::deer::tree:

Eeyore's Pal
12-05-2008, 01:01 PM
I agree. This close to the trip and with no discount available, I would not make the change.

On your next trip, I would see if there are any discounts for WL!

DONROCK
12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
I can soooo relate! I hope to someday stay at WL. I tried a few weeks ago to switch our resort, but like you, I just could not justify that amount of money to "sleep" there. We will be traveling over there to check out all the sights! Enjoy your trip!!

Kairi_7378
12-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I'd try to call Disney Dining and see if I could get a reservation at Artists' Point. That way I'd get to soak up the atmosphere of the Lodge by visiting the beautiful lobby and eating a fantastic meal! (WCC would also be a good choice but AP really captures the Pacific Splendor of the WL for me.)

mickeefan
12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
When you arrive check your room for a future stay offer(bounceback).
If not dial 8844 and ask them.
The deluxe resorts, if available, are at 30% off.
This makes it a teriffic deal.

zoopop
12-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone!!

After sitting on our grand thought we'll just stick with what we have and not worry. I made plans for us to have a cocktail at the Territory Lounge & walk around. After that we plan on catching the boat to the Magic Kingdom to cap off the night (extra magic hours).

I will try the bounce back offer. My wife keeps saying "this is our last trip for a while", but I know once were there we won't want to come home. We briefly discussed doing a 3 night stay at the WL next December.

I would like to add, walking at night around the lagoon at Coronado is very underated :)

KatMark
12-05-2008, 08:13 PM
I would like to add, walking at night around the lagoon at Coronado is very underated :)

I agree with you on this. This is one of my husband's and my favorite things to do when we return to the resort every night. It was extra special in September of this year as we were celebrating our 25th anniversary and were just so happy to be there and together.