PDA

View Full Version : Dsnygirl's First Ever Christmas Trip Pre-Trip Report!

Dsnygirl
12-05-2008, 10:20 AM
:tree: I am so excited to be writing this pre-trip report... I've wanted to a million times, but it was always just too far away! Well now, it's just 4 days off, so I finally get to... yeah!! :woohoo:

Prelim -- this is our first trip to WDW at Christmas, and to say we are looking forward to seeing all the decorations and all the wonderfully special things Disney does at the holidays would be an understatement. However, seeing as all of our other trips (okay, only 3 others together, 1 other each before we met) were all "warm weather" trips, we really don't know what to expect of a Disneyworld that is cooler and darker than we're used to! The idea of the parks being lit up by 5:30 and everything being nighttime already is just odd to us. But we can't wait!

So -- on with the report...

Cast members:

Me, Dsnygirl -- 41yr old Disney nut who just can't get enough of being in "the world"

DH, also known as CaptJackSparrow but rarely on here -- 41yr old who is turning 42 as we leave and celebrating while we're there (at our insistence... :blush:) Loves Disney while we're there, but not as crazy as I am when we're not...

DD7 - Emma, our spirited sprite who can't wait to get back on BTMRR... she was only 4 last visit, but remembers her favorite ride like it was yesterday!

DD10 - Julia, our quieter "thinker" who is just as crazy excited as I am... she is definitely following in her mom's footsteps on this one!!

Day One, Tues. Dec. 9th -- we leave out of Syracuse on a 7:15 flight, Jet Blue straight into Orlando. Quicksilver will be waiting to swoop us straight off to our favorite resort, CBR... can't wait to get back, and we're hoping for a new Nemo room. (Calling later today about that one... :nemo:) Then it's off to MK, our favorite and "have to see it first" park... and on to our #1 favorite ride, PoC. The girls missed it last trip, as it was down for rennovations, so we can't wait to take them on it... when we went last fall, it was our favorite ride, esp. when my DH was dressed up as Jack. Now that's the way to ride!! :pirate:

After MK, we're headed to the AKL for dinner at Boma, and then it's off to Epcot to catch the monorail to the GF to see their Christmas displays, and catch the Electrical Light Parade, which none of us have seen. And that should end our first day!

Wed., Dec. 10 -- our plans for day 2 are to hit AK for most of the day, as it has EMH in the evening, and then off to Epcot for DH's b'day dinner at the R&C. We're hoping for a table outside to be able to see Illuminations... what a nice b'day treat that would be!

Thur., Dec. 11 -- for day 3, we start with an early breakfast at 'Ohana, and then it's off to try to get on TSM at DHS. :fingers: We'll stay there most of the day, and head over to MK around 4pm. We don't want to miss seeing the castle lights before we head over to LTT for dinner -- and then it's time for MVMCP!! :santa3:

Fri - Dec., 12 -- today, the girls are sleeping in just a bit, but DH is headed out early to play 18 holes at Magnolia... he's never played at Disney before, and is really looking forward to it. :golf:

Depending on how the girls and I feel, we may try to sneak over to DHS for a quick jump on TSM if we missed it the other day -- otherwise, we'll do a little shopping and playing at the resort before heading over to Fantasia Gardens for a miniature golf tournament we're having with a bunch of I'cot friends. Ought to be tons of fun!

After golf, it's off to Epcot to meet Dan and tour WS with our friends for a bit... then we have dinner ressies at LeCellier prior to the CP, which I am really, really looking forward to. And the girls are thrilled -- Monique Coleman from HSM is the guest narrator, and they cannot wait to see her! After CP, it's time to tour Epcot a bit more, and of course, hit MouseGears for some shopping. (Love that store!!)

Sat., Dec. 13 -- today is an early day for all of us... we have brkfst reserv. at CP with a bunch of good friends at (yawn) 8:20. What were we thinking??? Anyway, having never been there, we're looking forward to it, and being served yummy bkfst food with Pooh and Tigger can't be at all bad.

After breakfast, we're headed to AK with close friends of ours... our girls adore them, and we're looking forward to sharing the day with them. We've yet to see Nemo, The Musical, so that will be great fun!!

We will stay there through the parade, and then we'll be heading off to Epcot for dinner at the Coral Reef -- again, with a large group of friends, and another new restaurant for us. (My DH is definitely looking forward to all the food lined up on this trip!! Our first time using the DDP, so I'm sure we'll be very full!!)

After dinner, it's off to MK... lots of park changing today... but we're meeting some very close friends there to watch Specro and Wishes and have our own little "Christmas party", of sorts... something we are really looking forward to. Then it's rides 'til the park closes, or until we drop, whichever comes first.

Sun., Dec. 14 -- Today, we get a bit of a break... we don't have bkfst reserv. 'til 9:30. Good thing! We'll be headed to the Kona Cafe -- yumm -- and then off to Epcot for most of the day. We're planning on walking over the the Y&BC during the afternoon for some ice-cream at B&C, and to see their Christmas displays -- seeing all of the different ones is high on my list for this trip.

For dinner, we'll be headed to 'Ohana with some friends and then while they're headed off to MVMCP, we'll be headed to DHS to see the Osborne Family Lights, and ride rides during their EMH. Something else I just can't wait to see!!

Monday, Dec. 15 -- today is a bit of a mixed-up day... we're going to head over to AK early if we're up, as they've got early morning EMH. We'll stay 'til noon or so, and then head to DTD for some shopping, and to try to get lunch in at T-Rex -- I really want to check this place out, and I think my girls will love it. Then, our original plan was to take the girls to the Polynesian's NeverLand Club, and DH and I were going to have a "date night" with dinner out, hitting the AC and some dancing. We were devastated when we heard that PI was closing, so we were going to change our plans to go to the BW instead... but now we're thinking maybe we'll just keep the girls with us and do something together -- and we haven't quite figured out that "something" yet. So -- probably a game-time decision!!

Tues., Dec. 16 -- our last day. I'd normally put a sad face here, but one -- I think I'm running out of smilies -- and two, as this is our longest trip to the world ever, I really don't think I should complain that we have to leave. But... I still know I will be sad.

Luckily, we don't fly out until after 6pm, so we are planning on spending our "last hours" at MK... breakfast on Main St., lunch at CHH and rides and shopping 'til we head back to get picked up at CBR around 4pm.

Like I said before, to say we are excited would be an understatement... this trip incorporates so much for us. Our first "holiday trip", getting to see friends we haven't seen in awhile as well as some we haven't even met yet, our longest trip (yet...) and all the magic to look forward to... we can't wait!!

BriarRose0708
12-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Blythe, it sounds like an amazing trip for you and your family! I can't wait to read your reports when you get back. Say hi to Dan, Emma and Julia for me, and give a special hug to our friends when you see them!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
12-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Blythe, it sounds like an amazing trip for you and your family! I can't wait to read your reports when you get back. Say hi to Dan, Emma and Julia for me, and give a special hug to our friends when you see them!:mickey:

Thanks!! I will be sure to do that... we'll miss seeing you again!

CanadianWDWFan
12-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Sounds GREAT Blythe! You guys are going to have a blast, even with out us!:(

Say :hi: to everyone for us.

Dsnygirl
12-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Sounds GREAT Blythe! You guys are going to have a blast, even with out us!:(

Say :hi: to everyone for us.

To be sure, we will be missing you guys!! :( And I will pass along your hello's and hugs... looking forward to time when we're in "the world" together again!

faline
12-05-2008, 12:30 PM
What a wonderful trip you've got planned, Blythe! Enjoy each and every minute of your holiday trip BUT be sure to share all the details with us when you get home again!

DizNee143
12-05-2008, 03:01 PM
well you guys definetly wont be bored!! you got so much planned for each day!!!!!!!!
hope you guys have fun..cant wait to hear all about it when you guys get back!! :mickey:

mickey&missy
12-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned!!! I can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

mouseketeer mom
12-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Your trip sounds amazing, I can feel your excitement! Have a magical time!

pogo
12-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Wow..... what a wonderful trip you have planned. :cloud9: Wish I were going to be there with you. :(

Hey wait a minute....... I am going to be there with you and I can't wait ! See you next Thursday. Hug the girls for us ! :D

MMouse6937
12-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Blythe, sounds like you guys have a lot of wonderful things planned!

I can't wait to meet you finally, it's going to be great!

Have a safe trip, see you next week! :joy:

RedSoxFan
12-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Have a Magical Trip:mickey:

Dsnygirl
12-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Wow..... what a wonderful trip you have planned. :cloud9: Wish I were going to be there with you. :(

Hey wait a minute....... I am going to be there with you and I can't wait ! See you next Thursday. Hug the girls for us ! :D

I can't wait to meet you finally, it's going to be great!

Have a safe trip, see you next week! :joy:

:santa3: I can't wait to see you guys, either -- can you believe it's almost here?? 24 hrs from now, we'll be circling MCO... :santa3:

disneydrmr
12-08-2008, 03:21 PM
You know I'm wishing you a trip full of fun and magic!!! I'll be thinking of you especially on Thursday..... as you are dining with my Stitchie Poo! PLEASE make sure you kiss him on the nose for me. Tell Dan I'm wishing him a happy birthday! And make him wear that birthday pin with pride! Looking forward to hearing all the stories when you return!

offwego
12-16-2008, 04:16 PM
I hope to hear all about seeing as how you should be getting home about now. Can't wait to read about all your fun!!!