PDA

View Full Version : Catholic Mass?

Marymouse2003
12-05-2008, 02:42 AM
Hi,
I can remember yrs ago there was Catholic Mass held down @ Luau Cove @ Poly, then that was stopped. Then there was one @ the CR. In '06 we were told that no longer was going on either, but were directed to The Nat'l Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Unniverse. We pd. a car service to take us there & back. I COULD STAY THERE FOR A DAY!!!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful. The people are all so very friendly too.

When we got home & I was reading here I found out, that there actually was a Mass @ CR @ the Convention Cntr.

PLEASE, PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL US IF THERE IS MASS OR NOT @ CONTEMPORARY THIS YEAR?

Sunday is last day of our trip & we of course want to attend Mass, but if we don't have to leave the grounds or rent a car, it wld save us some $ AND time. Thanks in advance!!
God bless,
Mary

Beast_fanatic
12-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I believe they only offer a mass for Christmas these days (and I haven't seen those details announced yet this year). Someone will be along shortly to correct me if I'm wrong.

ibrowse17
12-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Not sure about that, but for Ash Wednesday a couple of years ago we went to mass at a church by DTD. I can not remember the name of it, sorry.

TinkerbellT421
12-05-2008, 10:44 AM
The only information I could find was here on Intercot and it doesn't look like there are any "on-site" any more. Hope this list helps. Click the link:
http://http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/religious/default.asp

Marymouse2003
12-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys. I will try finding the 1 close to DTD. At least we won't have to rent a car. Will also try calling CR directly to see what I can find out. Thanks again!
God bless,
Mary

Georgesgirl1
12-07-2008, 08:28 AM
We used to go to a non-denominational protestant service when we were down there, but it has stopped except for on holidays like Easter and Christmas I think. I would assume if they have discontinued one service, they probably have discontinued all services on site. In October we went to a church in downtown Orlando.

I would call your resort though, I'm sure they can give you an answer.

Marymouse2003
12-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks Kristin!
I called CR this a.m. They know nothing of any church services. I will call back regarding the Church in Downtown Disney. Thanks so much again! I better get off line and finish packing or I won't have to worry about any church in WDW. God bless,
Mary

Kairi_7378
12-07-2008, 04:55 PM
There is a section in the Official Guide to Disney World that lists church information... perhaps someone here can check their copy as I have loaned mine out.

Hammer
12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine is the closest place to attend Catholic Mass. I was just there for Mass in October. It is not in Downtown Disney, but about 5 minute drive outside the DTD entrance. To attend Mass, you will need to get a cab or rent a car.

Marymouse2003
12-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Christine,
Thanks for clearing that up for me. In '06 we attended Mass @ Mary Queen of the Universe. It was BEAUTIFUL. I have their web page in my fav's. Will print it out so I can arrange for a car. Thanks so much again. Gotta run for now. We start of our day 2mro with Mass, then off 2 airport 4 flight 2 WDW. Staying a week, I have not finished packing. I'm bringing clothes in case it's hot or cold. I think we'll have a mixture of both + RAIN:ack:
Thanks again! God bless,