PDA

View Full Version : DDP question

rain
12-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I am considering doing the DDP for the first time and had a question. We are doing a 7 night stay but are going to be in the parks on 8 days. The rule reads that your DDP ends at midnight on the day of checkout. So does than mean we can use our 7 TS meals across those 8 days. Example: If we were checking in today and checking out next Thursday, that is actually 8 days even though we are only staying 7 nights. I was thinking about going to CRT off the DDP and using the DDP the other seven days. Confusing I know.

TheDuckRocks
12-04-2008, 10:58 AM
You are correct that you can use them on your last day up until midnight, even if it is technically day 8.

beksy
12-04-2008, 11:02 AM
If I'm reading your post right the answer is yes. You can begin using your credits once you check in and get your room key (which they swipe at the restaurants to "charge" you) and then have until midnight on the day you check out to use all of your credits. So you could use them after check-in on Thursday until midnight of the following Thursday that you checked out. They will still work until midnight even though you are officially checked out. Have fun--I love trying all the different restaurants on the plan and CRT is a favorite. Just a reminder, CRT will take two of your credits just like a signature restaurant but to me it is worth it (or we pay out of pocket) to feel like royalty!

WishingStar2006
12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
But remember, you only get 7 TS meals as the DDP is tied to the number of nights you stay, not the numer of days so each "night" is considered a 24 hour period, if you will. For example, you check in on day 1 at 6:00pm...you are credited with a snack, a counter service and a table service for day 1, regardless of what time you checked in....therefore, assuming you use the TS for dinner....on your last day, after you have already checked out, you still have (conceptually) the snack and counter service from day 1 to use....up until midnight of the day you leave... Gee, reading this, even I get confused...but I hope I've explained it.

rain
12-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Even though I have always been a little cost conscious I know you have to throw that out the door when eating at DW. Still we have always steered away from some of the eateries opting instead for value like Trails End. This time I am skipping some of the less expensive places to try a few new places that might have been out of the price range before. However, I will never drop off 'Ohana. ;) I have eight places I am thinking about going to do so I am going to do CRT off of the DDP and use DDP for the other 7 TS meals. Thanks for the help. Planning is my favorite part.

princessesmom
12-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Yes, what you want to do is correct. We also have an extra TS planned and will be paying OOP for CRT breakfast. We had to prepay it anyway since I didn't have the DP booked at the time I made the ADR and they require full payment at the time of booking. Once I added the DP I figured it was less expensive than most of the other TS meals we have planned when you factor in it is 2 credits.