PDA

View Full Version : Am I Forgetting Anything?

iDisney
12-04-2008, 02:30 AM
With my trip 9 days away (Woot!) I am beginning to think about the things to bring with us for our trip. I am planning on going shopping tomorrow, in order to get a box around to ship ahead of us on Monday. (Not all of these things are going to be shipped, by the way.) So... what am I missing?

Pop Tarts
Instant Oatmeal (Run water through the coffee maker, mix and enjoy!)
Water Powder (flavor mixes)
Snacks
Granola Bars
Gum
Memory Card Reader
Backpack
Disposable Plates & Bowls
Disposable Silverware
Body Wash
Shampoo
Puffs
Sunblock
Chip Clips (for curtains)
Deodorant
Cologne/Perfume
Febreze
Hand Sanitizer
Qtips
Detergent & Softener Packets
Tide Pen
Night Light
Clorox Wipes
Baby Wipes
Power Strip
Alarm Clock
Batteries
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Quarters & Pennies (for the pressing machines)
Manicure Kit
Aleve
Flip Flops
Sandals
Shoes
Camera
Video Camera
iPod
Laptop
All necessary cables
Folding Hampers

disneydeb
12-04-2008, 06:22 AM
How about a surge protector for all your electronic goodies? It's a great way to keep the things that need to be recharged in a central location, so you won't leave one of the rechargers when you pack to come home,,,

Have a great trip!
We will be there too 6-14:D

Oh, I now see "power strip" -- never mind the surge protector.

Beast_fanatic
12-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Some things that I see on my list that aren't on yours are:

Benadryl
Lotion
Neosporin
Band-aids
Pepto Tablets
Imodium
Stain stick or stain wipes
Lip balm
Tweezers
Hair Gel
Baggies

cer
12-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Well of course you are forgetting something, but you can purchase it for a phenomenal fee once you get to Disney! :blush:

No, really. I have an Ultimate Packing List. I will do my best to get to you or the link or something. And it really is ULTIMATE!

mrmcgiv
12-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Rain Ponchos from the $ store

dolphinmickey9170
12-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Shoe pockets to hang on bathroom door, keeping all your things handy and out of the way.

BMan62
12-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Dramamine (or equivalent) for those who may get motion sick

cer
12-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Shoe pockets to hang on bathroom door, keeping all your things handy and out of the way.

Yes! I heard about this tip here on Intercot and I bought one and I am so exited about using it in Feb! Now if only I can find where I put it...

iDisney
12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh, I now see "power strip" -- never mind the surge protector.

Yep. Learned that one the hard way. Forgot one the last time and, though we had enough outlets, I had stuff scattered all over the room.

Some things that I see on my list that aren't on yours are:

Benadryl
Lotion
Neosporin
Band-aids
Pepto Tablets
Imodium
Stain stick or stain wipes
Lip balm
Tweezers
Hair Gel
Baggies

Already got the stain stick, just forgot to add it to my list, same with the baggies. Good call on the rest of it though!

Well of course you are forgetting something, but you can purchase it for a phenomenal fee once you get to Disney! :blush:

No, really. I have an Ultimate Packing List. I will do my best to get to you or the link or something. And it really is ULTIMATE!

Found it! Again, thanks a ton!

Rain Ponchos from the $ store
We forgot these last trip and ended up buying the Disney ones. We will take them with us!

I'm going to have to hunt down one of those!

Dramamine (or equivalent) for those who may get motion sick

Neither of us get motion sick, so we're good on that front!

DisneyPrincess21
12-05-2008, 09:31 PM
With my trip 9 days away (Woot!) I am beginning to think about the things to bring with us for our trip. I am planning on going shopping tomorrow, in order to get a box around to ship ahead of us on Monday. (Not all of these things are going to be shipped, by the way.) So... what am I missing?

I leave in 9 days as well!!! YEA!!! :joy: One thing I suggest that we just recently discovered being a good thing to pack is a small desktop sized fan. You can usually get one for around $10 at walmart. We never thought of packing one before, until one trip back 2006. Our hotel we stayed at had paper thin walls and you could hear everything, making it very difficult to sleep. We saw a guy at our hotel carrying one and we said, "why didn't we think of that!" Plus, My whole family all sleep with fans on in our rooms at home at night for noise. And when your at the hotel it makes sleeping easier, because when you try to sleep without the fan noise that you are use to, you don't sleep as good. Plus if you want to take a nap during the day and there is noise of neighbors or people outside the room it helps drown it out. Just a suggestion of something we like to pack.

iDisney
12-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I leave in 9 days as well!!! YEA!!! :joy: One thing I suggest that we just recently discovered being a good thing to pack is a small desktop sized fan. You can usually get one for around $10 at walmart. We never thought of packing one before, until one trip back 2006. Our hotel we stayed at had paper thin walls and you could hear everything, making it very difficult to sleep. We saw a guy at our hotel carrying one and we said, "why didn't we think of that!" Plus, My whole family all sleep with fans on in our rooms at home at night for noise. And when your at the hotel it makes sleeping easier, because when you try to sleep without the fan noise that you are use to, you don't sleep as good. Plus if you want to take a nap during the day and there is noise of neighbors or people outside the room it helps drown it out. Just a suggestion of something we like to pack.

Good call! I am actually taking my alarm clock because the last time, I never once heard the wake up call. (I know my clock can wake me from a dead sleep!) It work's with my iPhone and I have an application that has all sorts of different sounds that it can play through my clock's speakers. I only wonder if it will bother my friend.

DisneyPrincess21
12-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Good call! I am actually taking my alarm clock because the last time, I never once heard the wake up call. (I know my clock can wake me from a dead sleep!) It work's with my iPhone and I have an application that has all sorts of different sounds that it can play through my clock's speakers. I only wonder if it will bother my friend.

:alarm: It probably will bother them less than it would if you both overslept and missed an adr or something you wanted to do. :fit: lol

iDisney
12-06-2008, 12:39 AM
:alarm: It probably will bother them less than it would if you both overslept and missed an adr or something you wanted to do. :fit: lol

So true! Enjoy your trip in 9 days! If you are like me, you are counting down. (8 days 6 hours 40 minutes 30 seconds and counting... :D)

DisneyPrincess21
12-06-2008, 01:44 AM
So true! Enjoy your trip in 9 days! If you are like me, you are counting down. (8 days 6 hours 40 minutes 30 seconds and counting... :D)

Thanks you also! I am not counting down as much as you, but that's only because it would be too hard to keep track of how many hours/minutes/seconds were left :doh:
It's hard enough to figure out how many days are left without looking at the calendar :blush:
Hope you have a Great Time!! :party2:

thumperbug
12-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I totally agree with the bandaids, neopsoirin, cold/allergy/stomach meds and the mini fan.

I sleep with a floor fan on at home and miss the noise of it when I am away but generally I sleep great at hotels b/c of the noise from the vents. Target also has the little fans and they work great.

I can't stress enough about taking the first aid stuff (take it to the parks with you...won't do any good in the room) I like the blister pads and pack cold meds etc like you plan on getting the flu while you are away.

I hope no one gets sicks but it happens to me alot on WDW trips due to change in environment and the having the right meds is crucial. Oh you can buy some at WDW...but the selection is limited and the prices will be very very high.

Did I mention to take a lot of meds?

kemps@wdw
12-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Your food list looks good. We usually eat out once a day, so all other meals/snacks are done in-room. We also take all of our preferred beverages as well. Juices, sodas, water, and alcohol. Power strips for all the electronic chargers (keeps them all in one area), if swimming is in your plans, don't forget the waterproof cameras. You've pretty well covered all areas!:thumbsup: