PDA

View Full Version : TS Questions on DDP

pixiesmimi
12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I know the answer to this but thought I would ask other opinions. DH came home last night and said friends of ours just got back from WDW with 10 people. They stayed off site and were on the DDP. I thought the DDP was only available if you were staying in a resort on property. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, they told him that all the character meals were 2 TS credits and that another couple they met there told them they had used all their table services up on character meals. I told him some like CRT are 2 TS but not all. They made the statement that the Crystal Palace was 2 TS. I know better than that. All of this may be from his lack of knowledge (I'm the planner. He just goes along for the ride.) :) but I wanted to make sure things hadn't changed this much on the DDP. I told him I thought he was mistaken. Am I right?

DisneyBabies
12-03-2008, 05:08 PM
You are right. As of right now, the DDP is only avaliable for onsite guests. To my knowledge, the only 2 credit character meal is CRT.
From what you said in the original post, someone is confused. Is there some other sort of dining plan out there that off-site guests can get; Not one that disney arranges, but maybe something another hotel has set up?

wendy*darling
12-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes, you are correct.
Only Disney Resort guests purchasing a Magic Your Way Package, or DVC Members staying on points in a DVC Resort, are eligible to participate in the DDP.

There are no other Dining Plans for off site guests to my knowledge.

Someone is mistaken. But it's not you! :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
12-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks! I thought so. I just had to prove it to DH. :D

It is possible that these friends were staying in a DVC house or something. Not having talked to them myself, I'm not sure where they stayed. DH said they were told before going that it was 5 minutes from the park and was more like 20 min. but I don't know enough about DVC to know if there are any that far out or not. It all sounds a little confusing to me.

TinkerbellT421
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Actually if anything, DVC properties are closer than lets say POP or All-Stars....Boardwalk is the closest (I think dont quote me)....SO no there are no DVC properties that would in any shape way or form be considered "off-site" in any sense of the word. Even SSR is the closest to DTD but not "off-site" or would even be considered "off-site". Obviously someone is mistaken. And the only other character meal that I can think of besides CRT that is 2 TS is the Aloha dinner show with Stitch. We have ADR's there so I know that for sure.

pixiesmimi
12-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks, all! This has all been very confusing to me and I'm just going to have to talk to the other party to see what the real story is because I think DH has his story mixed up about all of this. I told him this was the case but just wanted to confirm everything before saying anything else. Thanks! :thumbsup:

jszczur5
12-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes, you are correct.
Only Disney Resort guests purchasing a Magic Your Way Package, or DVC Members staying on points in a DVC Resort, are eligible to participate in the DDP.

There are no other Dining Plans for off site guests to my knowledge.

Someone is mistaken. But it's not you! :thumbsup:

Everybody likes to argue this point with me, when I point out the advantages to staying on site. I have had three separate relatives tell me that their travel agent offered them the DDP with their time share rental, but they all declined. Yeah right. I'd like to see one of them actually take their TA up on the offer and then try to get the DDP.
There's a reason why we stay on site at inflated prices - DDP and Extra Magic Hours. (We rent a car, so I don't care about the free transportation). Sheesh. My cousin even bet me her car that they were eligible for DDP while staying at a condo off site. Too bad I don't really need a Kia.

TinkerbellT421
12-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Too bad I don't really need a Kia.

:funny::rotfl::silly:
Apparently she doesnt either and thats why she bet on it haha! lol Thats great!