PDA

View Full Version : All Star Movie - Smoking Area/preferred room

disneyfan328
12-03-2008, 01:13 PM
So we are doing it!!!!! We are going back to Disney almost a year before we thought we were going to whooo hooo. We are even going to get to celebrate our wedding anniversary there!!! I am so excited.

We have decided to go with a preferred room at all star movie, my question is this. We would like to do a request (again I know its only a request for a specific building/area) I have a knee issue and would like to either be on a ground floor, or near an elevator if possible. My DS also has severe Asthma (one of the reasons for a room close to the front is in case we need to get him treatments in a hurry) In looking at the map it appears that the Toy Story Buzz building is closest to the food court ect. (for those refillable mugsas well lol.) however my concern is that is also appears that there is a smoking area right there as well. We have never stayed at this resort before so we are trying to decide what we should "attempt" to request. Other options are the Fantasia building and someone also said the Dalmation building but I don't see that listed officially as preffered. I am good with Buzz but am just worried about that smoking area.

What to do - What to do...........:confused:

disneyfan328
12-11-2008, 07:47 AM
For anyone that has been basically what I need to know is are you walking through a cloud of smoke from the toy story building (buzz) to get to the food court and busses. Thanks to anyone that can answer :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Sorry that no one has come along to answer your question, I really cant do to the fact that we stayed at the Herbie building (and to me) IMHO it was really far from the food court. And when we stayed there there was smoking allowed in the room so I didnt have to look for smokers areas. Sorry I couldnt be of more help to you.

tink179
12-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm sure someone will be along to verify, but I thought as of Jan 08' there was no smoking allowed at the resorts. I didn't see people smoking at POP in January. I stayed at All Star Movies our first trip and we were placed in the Herbie location and it is pretty far away. Buzz is close though. :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-11-2008, 09:50 AM
I'm sure someone will be along to verify, but I thought as of Jan 08' there was no smoking allowed at the resorts. I didn't see people smoking at POP in January. I stayed at All Star Movies our first trip and we were placed in the Herbie location and it is pretty far away. Buzz is close though. :mickey:

There is smoking allowed at the resorts but only in smoking areas. in January 07 there was smoking allowed in rooms, in January 08 it was only allowed outside at the disgnated smoking areas.

KylesMom
12-11-2008, 01:58 PM
We stayed in the Dalmatian building, and our corner room was very close to the food court.

If the designated smoking area is going to cause you problems, I would bypass the Toy Story section and request either Fantasia or Dalmatians. You'd be walking right through the smoking area to get to the food court/gift shop doors. You'd be entering a different set of doors if you stayed in the other resort sections.

The All Star Movies resort is our favorite of the All Star resorts!

Johnno52
12-11-2008, 02:12 PM
As I also have breathing problems, I know the area you are talking about and I walk the path closer to the pool area. It doesn't matter where you are a WDW there is always an unconcerned visitor smoking while walking throughout the parks and resorts with little regard to the hardships that they cause. Most stay to the designated areas however even there the smoke drifts right into the main paths. :ack: