PDA

View Full Version : Will I love the Contemporary?

julyjewel
12-03-2008, 01:01 PM
My husband and I were supposed to be leaving for our 10 year anniv trip on Dec. 13. Howvere, he ended up needing a new car, so we aren't going. We told Disney we want to reschedule for next December. The trip is already paid for but my husband wanted to upgrade resorts, since we have to wait an extra year to go. he chose the Contemporary. What's it like there. Please share you experiences. We were supposed to stay at POR this year. We are used to staying at the values so I'm sure the Contemporary will be a BIG chnage.:mickey:

illini
12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I haven't stayed there, but I've visited and it's a great resort. It's worth it just for the monorail alone. The rooms are GORGEOUS! I can't imagine you not liking it. The location is fantastic and the rooms have a more upscale, adult theme than other resorts.
Sorry you had to postpone, but at least you get to upgrade!

Diz-Knee
12-03-2008, 03:06 PM
I have stayed there twice and have been happy both times. Rooms are very spacious and you will really like that. Convenient resort too - you can even walk to the MK, but of course being on the monorail is a nice perk. California Grill is my favorite restaurant at WDW and is in the Contemporary. I don't think you will be disappointed. To me it's also very nastalgic. I've never paid the extra to stay in one of the tower rooms but that would be a really nice treat!

AnnieBananie
12-03-2008, 03:13 PM
I really, really like the Contempory, but I really LOVE the Wilderness Lodge

disneyboundagain
12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
We have stayed in a few different resorts, and the Contemporary is by far out favorite. Make sure you walk to MK at least once, it is a very enjoyable walk. Also, when you check in make sure you ask to see if any free upgrades are available. Last year we were given a free upgrade from a standard view wing room to a tower room with a MK view. It was about a $700 upgrade for free. The only problem is that we liked it so much that this year we paid for the MK view!!

mouseketeer mom
12-04-2008, 05:54 PM
The Contemporary resort is wonderful. We stayed last year in a MK view tower room. I felt like I could reach out and touch the MK!!
Some people say they don't like it compared to other Disney deluxe resorts, that it is cold or unthemed., but we didn't find that at all. I thought it felt wonderful to be in a Disney classic, right in the heart of the magic. The resort always felt exciting and busy, no matter what time of day, and that was fun. You will love your choice.

SpecJoe Magic
12-05-2008, 03:39 AM
The Contemporary is very special to me because I stayed there several times as a kid when my parents took me to WDW, but there are other reasons I'm so fond of it besides nostalgia. A few of those reasons are spacious and aesthetically pleasing rooms, monorail access to Magic Kingdom and Epcot, and activities offered on nearby Bay Lake. I think you'll enjoy staying there.

jnfr2424
12-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I just came back from the Thanksgiving holiday staying at the Contemporary in a MK tower room. This was my 3rd time staying there and my family loves it for the convenience. It's totally different from value resorts and I am sure you are going to enjoy it.:mickey:

julyjewel
12-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't know much about the Contemporary but what are these tower rooms?

pluto 77
12-05-2008, 03:21 PM
We too love the Contemporary!!! We have stayed there 2 times in the past. Once we stayed in the tower facing bay lake and that was very nice. The next trip we stayed inthe tower facing the Magic Kingdom. In my opinion nothing beats this! You can sit on your balcony and watch wishes right from the park! Its also just nice to look out your window and see the MK first thing in the morning. Plus the convience of this resort can't be beat. :mickey:

PawleyPlatoon
12-05-2008, 10:58 PM
In one word:

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!:magic:

jrpersinger
12-06-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't know much about the Contemporary but what are these tower rooms?

Tower Rooms are the rooms in the main building. The other rooms are called Garden Wing Rooms. Used to be North or South Garden Wing, but North is now gone and the Bay Lake Towers are being built.

Crow
12-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I couldnt afford it before, but since my trip in Sept might have been my last for a yr or 2, i stayed at 3 places. POP, Cont & BC:ack:
Cont was great! balcony view of the lagoon, outside door you can watch the monorail, CA GRILL is a great place to eat. the mono or walk to MK, Mono to Epcot. computer in room.
Id stay there again if I could afford it
Ive stayed at most of the places, except for GF,Boardwalk,Vacation clubs, Poly.
Id say of the deluxes, Cont would be 2nd behind
WL for me

andreallybadeggs
12-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Love it, love it, love it. :mickey:

Marymouse2003
12-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Love it, love it, love it. :mickey:

Couldn't have said it better myself! I know there is great love for Poly on this forum, but I just love my CR.
God bless,