PDA

View Full Version : my dining plans...some new, some old Thoughts?

rain
12-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Let me preface by saying that I have been able to try many places in DW on previous trips. The restaurants I have eaten at are listed below and include meal eaten:

MK
Cinderella's Royal Table (B)
Crystal Palace (L)

Epcot
Teppanyaki Dining room (L)
Le Cellier (L)
Rose & Crown (D)
San Angel Inn (L)
Akershus (L)

MGM
50s primetime (L)

AK
Rainforest Cafe (D)

Resorts
Ohana (D) my favorite
Boatwrights (L)
Boma (D)
Chef Mickey's (D)
Trail's End (D)
Whisperinng Canyon Cafe (D)

This trip I am adding a few new picks to some old favorites. We plan to do:
CRT (B)
'Ohana (D)
Coral Reef (L)
Sci Fi (L or D)
Yak & Yeti
Cape May (B)
Trail's End (L)
Chef Mickey's
and a Fantasmic package maybe (H&V?)

Any thoughts/concerns, recommendations, recent experience...

SBETigg
12-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Sci-Fi, stick to lunch. I would skip Hollywood and Vine, typical buffet experience and mediocre at best. Coral Reef is not one I care to repeat, but others seem to be liking it lately so why not give it a shot. I would prefer Chefs de France or Marrakesh. I notice you still haven't tried a Signature experience, like California Grill or Narcoossee's for dinner. You might consider changing some around and fitting one of them in. Otherwise, good choices.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
12-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I would do Sci-fi for lunch as well. Coral Reef has actually been good to us everytime. It gets mixed reviews but for us it has been good. Ohana's is the best. We also enjoyed Cape May and Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Looks like pretty good choices to me. Done H@V , Brown Derby, and Mamma Melrose for the Fantasmic package. The Derby is the best but also the most expensive (2TS). Mamma Melrose was average the first time but I will have to say the last two years we had exceptional service and the food was pretty good. H@V is typical buffet food so the worst of the three but it is OK and my kids seem to like it allright. Good luck and have a great trip!

andreallybadeggs
12-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Agree-- looks like good choices. We might not rank either Sci Fi or H & V among our favorites but we had good experiences and would not hesitate to return to either...
1) Sci Fi-- liked our meal (dinner) and our teens loved the corny film clips.
2) H & V was fairly standard buffet but we were with picky eaters that night and everyone found at least one dish that they really liked. Since it was by far the most reasonably priced Fantasmic DPkg we thought it was a good choice.
You have not yet visited our favorite WS restaurant, Marrakhesh. Try the kebabs and the belly dance show on your next trip:thumbsup:

DisneyPrincess21
12-05-2008, 10:18 PM
This trip I am adding a few new picks to some old favorites. We plan to do:
CRT (B)
'Ohana (D)
Coral Reef (L)
Sci Fi (L or D)
Yak & Yeti
Cape May (B)
Trail's End (L)
Chef Mickey's
and a Fantasmic package maybe (H&V?)

Any thoughts/concerns, recommendations, recent experience...

Loved Sci-Fi, We went there last Christmas vacay for lunch for the first time. We are going back on our next trip 12/16-12/22 can't wait to try Ohana for dinner, Got a last minute adr for 9:55pm. I am excited to try it! Also have an adr for late lunch/early dinner before mvmcp on 12/18 at Rainforest Cafe at ak. Love that place also. Very good lava nachos and Flying Dragon Pepperoni Pizza. There was three of us adults and we got the "appetizer" nachos to share and the pizza. And we couldn't finish it! We were dying And fighting amongst ourselves as to who wasn't eating enough, and who had to finish what. My mother finally said we had to at least finish all the cheese and pepperoni on the pizza, and the toppings on the nachos. I guess to her that was the most "expensive" part of the meal. LOL It was hilarious! We were probably really entertaining to the people around us. We didn't want to waste, but we couldn't take it to go because we were going back to the parks. Looking back on it, it was pretty funny. Another thing I liked about it was that you don't have to use a ticket to eat there but you are still in the "Disney Magic" since it is in the parks.