PDA

View Full Version : How is everybody handling this (180 day planning)

rain
12-03-2008, 09:16 AM
We have scheduled our trip for next summer and I am an extreme planner. I am starting to map out our dining plans and am running into snags. For example, when are the schedules going to come out regarding summer Fantasmic. I am planning on doing the Fantasmic dining for the first time but do not know what day to schedule it for since summer schedules aren't out yet. 180 days out is a long time out to plan when we don't have the DW schedule yet. I have to start calling Dec 22nd.

the other micki
12-03-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm quite the planner myself. We are going at the end of April, but before the April hours came out, I went to info. central and pulled up the Historic Park Hours for last April. I did my tentative planning with those. Once the hours for this coming year came out, I didn't have to make a single change to my plans. As far as Fantasmic, I'm not sure about that, as Fantasmic is supposed to be phased out a little to bring in the American Idol thing. Not sure when this will happen. I had heard that Fantasmic was likely to show on Mon. and Thurs. nights once Amer. Idol began, but not really sure.

Happy planning!:thumbsup:

rain
12-03-2008, 10:04 AM
I see that now about the reservation system being altered. I do plan on CRT and maybe even Chef Mickey's but I hope I don't have to call in on that magical day when they open the lines back up. Seems like it will be a mess.

CanadianWDWFan
12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Regardless of the park hours, what we like to do is plan the hard to get ressies like CRT at the 180 day mark. Sure it is way out but if you have your heart set on something then the earlier you book it the better.

Then when you know the park hours you can get ressies for your other options.

Polynesian Dweller
12-03-2008, 01:10 PM
I agree with the strategy of making the ADRs for the popular, hard to get places and those you don't want to do without.

The best advice I have is to use the information that is available, last year's hours, and do the best you can. Even when the hours are published I've found over the last 19 years, that they can and often do change by the time you get there anyway.

Just plan around what you really want to do and then enjoy the trip. It will be great regardless.

thrillme
12-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I think it's ridiculous. I wish everything would go back to the days where you just walk up and get in

Natazu
12-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Regardless of the park hours, what we like to do is plan the hard to get ressies like CRT at the 180 day mark. Sure it is way out but if you have your heart set on something then the earlier you book it the better.

Then when you know the park hours you can get ressies for your other options.

CRT, really Brian? It's ok, Harry, you can punch him.

Kidding aside, I like the 180 pretty well. We usually have a pretty good idea where we want to eat and haven't had much trouble making changes later on. We never do the Fantasmic Dinner Package so I'm not sure what the planning is like in the early stages. Seems like it could be a hassle.

CanadianWDWFan
12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
CRT, really Brian? It's ok, Harry, you can punch him.
Hey Jym,
I go to appease my lovely wife! In around 80 days I'll be booking our table for 7, you are good to go aren't you? The Fairy God Mother will just LOVE you, oh and Alex too!! :D

I do agree with Jym that changing some ressies closer to your travel dates changes are possible.

Insanity Clause
12-04-2008, 02:10 PM
We are going April 20-27 and I admit by OCD is going overtime since I can't make my ADR's. I call weekly...today they told me anytime between Dec 22 and January and that they haven't even been trained on the new system yet....EEK...I fear that this will be a nightmare.

WeLuvBuzz
12-05-2008, 08:22 AM
We are going 12/25/09 thru 1/1/10. I hope they have it finalized soon as I will not know what to do if I cannot make my ADRs at 180 days. That always makes the trip seem that much more real and closer. I have already planned out the week based on EMH and hours info from prior years. No matter what though I am just happy to have a trip to plan!

mouseketeer mom
12-06-2008, 10:52 AM
I make the must dos far in advance and tweak the extras up until the day we leave. I never let my plans rest. Its a disease. I never leave well enough alone with the ADR's!