PDA

View Full Version : Happiest Thanksgiving Trip Ever!

jnfr2424
12-02-2008, 05:13 PM
November 25-December 1, 2008
Just me and my Mom!

11/25: On 7am flight out of NJ headed to Orlando- Our plane arrived 20 mins earlier as soon as we got to baggage claim, our suitcases were there off to the car rental we go! Hopped into a '09 Chrysler Sebring Convertible the temperture said 62 degrees so we decided to drop the top and keep the windows up on our journey to the Contemporary!
We checked into the hotel but our room was not ready which was fine for us because we were going to visit my aunt in West Palm Beach so we left our luggage and hopped on Florida Turnpike. My aunt has lupus and exactly one year earlier to the date was diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes. Doctors actually told her that she would die regardless if she did chemo or not. She decided to do chemo treatments and fast forward one year later, we were happily visiting her this day! We got back to the hotel very late but because we were so excited we hardly slept!

11/26: Went to HS and went straight to TS(AWESOME) the wait was 80 mins for standby but it was worth it. Did some classic rides like ST, GMR, and LM. I tried to do RnRC but there were some mechanical issues and we had reservations at 50s Prime Time Cafe. We left and went to AK so I could get on EE! What happend to the Yeti? I went on the single rider line and within an hour I rode EE 3 times! We headed back to HS to see Fantasmic then we left and headed back to the CR to catch the end of Wishes and other MK views from the balcony. When I saw the castle for the first time lit up, I cried! Since the park was open until 12am we took full advantage of heading into the park around 9pm and staying until about 1:30am shopping of course!

11/27: Thanksgiving morning we watched about an hour of the Thanksgiving parade on TV before heading out to BB! Talk about doing something totally different for Thanksgiving! We had a great time in the heated water! The closest thing I came to eating Turkey was a turkey leg! We stayed there until around 3pm and then left because we had dinner reservations at Fulton's Crab House. Thanks to you my fellow Intercotee's I knew what to expect and let me tell you- you guys was right the food was ok and it was very expensive. I don't think I would go back but it was a nice to experience it. After dinner we had tickets for La Nouba we sat in the 1st row of the 200 section and just loved the show! The performers were right there in front of us! Afterwards we went to DisneyQuest and played at POTC and Aladdin! Of course we changed our outfits and ended back up in MK for the remainder of the night!

11/28: My mom wanted to get back on TS so we got FP and went on ToT which was an hour wait. I got on RnRC afterwards we had lunch at Sci Fi and I love the scene about the refreshments(if you seen the movie Grease, you know what I am talking about with the hot dog)also the "Oh My darling" song I can sing that all day long! We left and went to AK to go on the Safari, Dinosaur and to watch the
parade! We headed back to HS to see the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights! Since it was the first night, there were so many people but the holiday music and the dancing lights made it seem like it was one big family! The park closed at 8pm but 9:30pm we were still there taking photopass pics and enjoying the splendid sceanery!

11/29: Today we hopped on the monorail and went to EPCOT Soarin was just crowded the wait time was 80 mins. It was the longest wait followed by Test Track with an hour wait. Mission: Space was Green team 15 mins and Orange 30 mins which was really 20 mins.
Had a late lunch at the Coral Reef which was ok. We headed over to WS and hung out in United Kingdom listening to the sounds of the season. We took the ferry over to the Boardwalk to see the holiday decorations. We also checked out the Swan and the Dolphin as well as Y & BC before heading back to WS for the Candlelight Procession. While standing in line we met great people from all over and started sharing tips on things to do in the World. Got great seats for the Procession. John O' Hurley was the narrator and the choir and the orchestra was overwhelming. You could not fight back the tears while singing Silent Night as my mother and I tried to do. Afterwards we went over to Japan to watch Illuminations. We hopped on the monorail, went back to the room to freshen up and drop off some souvenirs and headed to MK! We ended up on Splash Mtn 4 times in a row before midnight hit!

11/30: We started today by going back to DTD to get some personalized ornaments for family and friends back home. Shipping back home is a GREAT thing plus they were so busy our orders are not going to get done until Dec 7th plus we foud out that that was the last day to get guaranteed for Christmas delivery. By the time we got to WoD, the rain came and it poured! Of course we got ponchos and headed back to our hotel room. Later in the afternoon we headed to MK for MVMCP- we got our wristbands and we headed to Toontown to stand in line for the Fairies. I am 36 years old but I turned into a 6 year old. The excitement and the anticipation was unreal. We were 4th in line and then it was my turn! I fluttered like a fairy and met Silvermist first. We had a cute conversation and then Tink came by and noticed my Tink shirt she commented on how she did not like one of the poses and covered up the picture then she grabbed my hand and we ended up talking and posing for pictures! What a GREAT experience! The rain was still coming down so we decided to get some cookies and hot chocolate and head to the disco. Queen of Hearts, Pluto, The Mad Hatter and Chip and Dale were dancing with everyone so I joined in dancing the Chicken dance, The Macarena, the Electric Slide and the Cha Cha Slide! The rain finally held up and we watched the parade then it started pouring again so we went back to the disco this time Goofy joined us in the conga line! The rain let up again and Wishes started. It was still raining but we went on other rides in Fantasyland and Tommorrowland before going to purchase our discounted photo pass pictures.

12/1: We checked out of our magical room and spent the morning at Epcot. Our flight information kept changing every hour so we had to get to the airport early even though our flight was delayed for 3 hours!

Pete Olsen
12-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Wow! Did you ever sleep? Sounds like a really magical time. Thanks for the report. Reading the trip reports helps us get through all the snow we are having.

pdrlkr
12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
You guys were here, there and everywhere! Great trip. Loved the report.:mickey:

illini
12-02-2008, 10:44 PM
What a great trip! I need a nap after just reading it-- no idea how you actually DID it!

yjgirl32
12-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Great review thanks for sharing.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Sounds like a great trip

laward32
12-03-2008, 09:50 AM
I am so glad you and your mom had a wonderful Thanksgiving trip. What memories you made. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

KylesMom
12-03-2008, 11:23 AM
All I can say is WOW - your stamina is amazing! Did you get any sleep while you were there? It truly sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful time visiting your aunt and touring the world. Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

SBETigg
12-03-2008, 11:53 AM
That's my kind of Thanksgiving! All fun and no cooking or cleaning plus WDW. Thanks for sharing.

sleepingbooty
12-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Wish I had your kind of energy! Sounds like a super fun trip. I'd love to go over the holidays sometime.:mickey:

vizsla
12-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks for the report.

tinkerbell04
12-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the report! It sounds like it was a great trip! Thanks for sharing:mickey:

faline
12-04-2008, 05:33 PM
What a fantastic mother/daughter trip! I'll bet you each made some wonderful memories that you will each treasure for many years to come!

dtootsie42
12-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Wow what a great trip. Those mom/daughter trips are the best and the memories are so very special!