PDA

View Full Version : can I request specific room/area at SSR? what do you suggest?

LoriSan
12-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I will be calling tomorrow to attempt to book my developers points at SSR (my first DVC stay!) for July. It will be me, DH and DS 4. Since it will be blazing hot, we plan to spend lots of time in the pool, but don't want to be miles from the food, bus stops, etc, either. Can I request something specific? Any suggestions?

TinkerbellT421
12-02-2008, 11:42 AM
You can request something specific BUT big BUT lol they will not gaurantee you that you will get any building, room or even floor that you request. They will try but they will not say yes that you will get it. I visited SSR on our last trip. I am not sure where to request but I did know that they will not gaurantee you even a building you request never mind rooms or floors.

I have heard people faxing and emailing requests as reminders before they arrive, and still not get what they requested.

But either way you'll be in DISNEY!! wooohooo! And your very first DVC stay :cloud9:

Have a great and magical trip! :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
12-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Yes you can request but as the OP stated you may not get what you your request. I have stayed at SSR many times and have been lucky in this regard. On our last trip not only did I get my first choice but our room was ready when we arrived at 1pm.

There are many good choices for buildings/sections at SSR but Grandstand is the first pick up for the bus (so it is nevr full), it is a very short walk to the food and main pool and has it's own pool with refillable mug station and bar (which has some food options). Sounds like it fills the bill for what you are looking for.

Feel free to pm me if you want more info about the ins and outs of SSR. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
As the previous posts state, you will NOT be guaranteed your request!!

However, I have yet to be disappointed. We have requested Congress Park, top floor, Downtown Disney view and everytime we have been granted. I guess we were just lucky. We like the quite pool and I love sitting on my balcony and listening to the music and seeing the lights of DtD. The walk to the Carriage House is not too long, we walk through the parking lot to the DVC center and around the main pool, up the ramp to the Carriage House. Our bus stop isn't so packed either.

Have a great time!:mickey:

pluto 77
12-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Yes you can request, but as others have said they will not gaurentee this. from what I can tell by personal experience and from reading other posts, for the most part, whenever possible they do honor your room resquests!!!

When we stayed we requested the Grandstand Area. We were the first bus pickup and drop off which was really nice. we were also just a very short walk to the main building. Congress Park is also a nice place to request if you go to DTD alot, since I believe its only a short walk from there.