PDA

View Full Version : Cab Fares and availability of cabs.....

mrmcgiv
12-02-2008, 12:29 AM
We have dinner reservations on the late side a few nights at other resorts. We are staying at CSR. Instead of taking a bus back to a park and then a bus to our resort I thought we may just get a cab..esp from AKL to CSR. Are there a lot of taxis around outside of the resorts or do they usually need to be called? Are cab fares high or reasonable. I know in some cities there is a minimum charge or some are by the mile.

Also, Dh may take a taxi to a grocery store if we do not get delivery...how far is csr from WalMart? What stores are closest to CSR?

THX

VWL Mom
12-02-2008, 06:49 AM
There are cabs are available at all hotels. You may want to do some homework before you go to check on fares. When we were there last month we went from WL to YC for dinner. The ride there was $20.00 and the ride home was $12.00. WL told me the hotels use different cab companies. Next year I will look into the rates before I leave and then call for a cab myself.

faline
12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Cabs are readily available and waiting outside the resorts. Bell services can have a cab available to you within moments of your request most of the time.