PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Anniversary Trip- Day 2

DisneyCouture
12-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Welcome Back!
Here is the link to Day one in case you missed it….
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=146131

October 2nd Day 2.
Woke up early and got ready to head to Magic Kingdom. It was EMH for the morning. We had ADR’s for Cinderella’s Royal Table for breakfast at 9 am. We drove over and took the monorail. I haven’t been on the monorail in a long time. We usually take the bus transportation throughout the parks. I am glad that we got to ride on the monorail, we sat in the front with the pilot and he gave us special co-pilot badges. We all felt like kids again. I was filming our ride and all the surrounding areas when my tape ran out, just as we are to enter the Contemporary, gulp, tear. I was struggling to open those pesky plastic wrapped tapes. All of all sudden I noticed that we weren’t moving. Our pilot stopped for one sec to pop in a tape to continue my shot into the Contemporary. Gotta love Disney Magic. Everyone back home enjoys our movies of our trips to Disney and most of them have never been on the monorail so I stress the importance. Lol. We got some pictures taken in front of the castle and headed in for check in. The gentleman who checked us in was so polite and nice. He could tell how excited I was to be eating in the castle. He said “I see we are celebrating an Anniversary.” I said yes 3 years, we come to Disney every year for our wedding Anniversary. I love this place. He said “Well that is something to celebrate” and handed us two Year of a Million Dreams pins with Tinkerbell on them. I couldn’t thank him enough. I can’t believe we got a dream on this trip. I wasn’t really expecting anything. We got in line so that we can get our pictures taken with Cinderella. They handed out magic wands for girls and swords for boys. They called out our names and up the red carpet stairs we went.

The atmosphere in the castle is beautiful. You really think that you are inside an ancient medieval castle. Our table was in front of the glass windows overlooking Fantasyland. What a view. The breakfast was all you care to eat eggs, meat, potatoes, fruit plated meal. Those cheesy potatoes were the best! I am still craving them. The service was okay; our waiter was not the friendliest person. Then they played when you wish upon a star and all the princesses came out. It was so cool. Jasmine, Aurora, Snow White and Belle. They were all so in character, even the way they talked. We got our pictures taken with all of them. Seeing the look on the other children’s faces as they got to meet the princesses was priceless. They were so surprised and excited to meet them, as was I. I only wish they had this stuff when I was a kid. I remember we went to a breakfast with only Mary Poppins at the Grand Floridian back in the late 80’s. Not quite the same.

After breakfast we set out to meet Mike and Lori since they were riding some rides while we were eating. As we were leaving the castle we ran into the Fairy Godmother. I had to get a picture with her. Then it was off to Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion and then one of my fave’s Carrousel of Progress. I love that ride, it is timeless. I hope that it stays there forever. It is tradition that we ride it on every trip. As we were leaving tomorrowland we found Buzz Lightyear. My husband loves him so more pictures. Now it was off to Epcot.

We took the monorail again and one transfer over and we were in Epcot. We headed straight for Soarin. Got on with only a 20 minute stand by wait, couldn’t believe that. When we were in line we noticed that one of our flight attendants was from Univ. of Connecticut. I asked her what town she lives in and what do u know it is the next town over from where we live. Small world. After Soarin we headed over to the Pavilion where they had all the merchandise for the Food and Wine Fest. Every year it seems that they have less and less stuff. Most of the wines aren’t as exotic as they used to be and you could get most of them back home for less. It was disappointing. We ended up getting a tiny chef Mickey, some shirts and a fest pin. Then we headed for the Spaceship Earth. I liked the new renovations. The ending with faces was hilarious, we loved it. Then we were back to the World Showcase for more sampling of the kiosks and walking though the shops. We had an ADR for Le Cellier’s and Lori and Mike headed back to the resort they had ADR’s for Boma’s. Dinner at Le Cellier’s was good as usual. I had the mushroom filet and DH has the strip. They made us a cute Anniversary dessert and it was delish. We packed up the dessert that came with our dinner to eat later on. Service was great and our server was really nice. After dinner we headed back to the Lodge to change into our costumes and head back to the Magic Kingdom.

I love MNSSHP. This is our second time attending the party. It is a not miss. I was Cinderella and the rest of the crew was pirates. It was interesting taking the bus in full costume. Lol. When we arrived at the party and was walking through the crowds to get to the rides one little boy cried out “Hey mom it’s Cinderella with a bunch of pirates, what is she doing with pirates.” We all busted out laughing. We watched the villain show and went on a bunch of rides. There hardly was any wait on the rides and we went on all the trick o treat trails. My friends were laughing that they haven’t done this in years. It was interesting getting in and out of the cart on Space Mountain with a huge ball gown on. I felt like Giselle in Enchanted. Lol. We then went to the meet and greet for Cinderella’s stepmother and stepsisters. They were hysterical. It was so realistic. We watched the Hallowishes fireworks which were great and then headed back to Main Street to watch the Boo to You parade. I especially enjoy this parade. All the characters are dressed up in their Halloween garb and the song is really catchy. After the parade was over we went on more rides and stayed until the very end. We went into all the different stores on Main Street and I ended up breaking down and buying a Minnie Mouse Witch hat. I love it. Let me just say how we have lucked out with beautiful weather. It has been really cool in the evenings with hardly any humidity. It hasn’t been like this in so long and being in costumes in the Florida heat is no picnic. We waited for the crowds to move out and we headed back to the buses to get some sleep for the next day.
Off to the Studios tomorrow. Thanks for reading! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds like you had a great day! I love meeting the Princesses at CRT too...we're all kids at Disney :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Great trip report! I agree, CRT is so wonderfully magical, isn't it? Being Cinderella at MNSSHP sounds like it was fun! Thanks!

laward32
12-01-2008, 09:58 PM
What a great time you are having. I love to hear you dressed up. I dressed as Minnie last year, but I ended up changing about an hour later. My two DD's were very disappointed in me. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
What a fantastic day! It was certainly practically perfect in every respect!

tinkerbell04
12-02-2008, 04:13 PM
What a great day! Thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: