PDA

View Full Version : Family Golf at WDW?

jonah'smom
12-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Hello all! I hope I am posting this in the correct place. We are traveling to the World in January. This will be our 6th trip!!! :mickey: I have been reading some info on the Oak Trail 9 hole Walking Course today. My husband & son (8) really enjoy golf. They play at our local course several times throughout the year, and usually play at Myrtle Beach in the summer when we go. I have played several times at a Par 3 course in Myrtle Beach and have peaked my own interest in golf. I am a lefty golfer, so it's kind of difficult for them to teach me as they are righties. I have never played on a real course though, but would love to. Would the Oak Trail course be too much for me? Anyone have any experience with this course? I see that it is affectionately called "The Family Course". Thoughts? I guess if we were to seriously think about playing here on our trip, I would want to give it a shot at our local course first.

Just a side note, we attempted to play at the Fantasia Fairways course once, and wound up switching to the easy course after one hole.

DisneyorBust
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Oak Trail really is a family friendly course, it is a flat and easy to walk. The fairways are wide and the greens are fair to golfers of all levels.
I don't think that this course would be too much for you, it is a great introduction to WDW golf.
That being said, I would not call it an easy course, challanging but fair.
If you haven't gone to the official WDW site, they have a great golf page and good info on the Oak Trail, including tee to green video.
Have a great round of golf!

ThanxForNoticin
12-01-2008, 07:48 PM
It is a great course to give the game a try. Some of the other Disney courses are a bit more 'professional' and bring out some of the more serious golfers. The 9-hole is much more family friendly and very open to all golfers. Plus the greens fees and even club rental are relatively inexpensive if you want to try. Have a great time.

Maleficent's Dad
12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Oak Trail should suit you just fine; Disney fully understands that there are many first-timers who want to play on a course. With Oak Trail being a "walk only" course, many people avoid it.

It's a relatively tame course and an easy walk. The staff who take care of you are the same that run the Palm and Magnolia - so in other words, you'll be treated well!