PDA

View Full Version : Brad's Happy Holiday Adventure - Pre-Trip Report

brad192
12-01-2008, 11:47 AM
:clappy::yay::trio::fworks:

At last! It’s almost time! Woohoo! Nine days before I leave this cold, snowy Michigan weather for the sunny climate & warm temps of WDW! It’s been a long, hectic year for me & I need some relaxation time really bad. This will be my third consecutive solo trip, as I can’t seem to persuade any of my friends to join me. I guess they just don’t “get it” like the rest of us do. :rolleyes: Of course, I’ll be visiting when a whole bunch of Intercotees will also be there, so I really won’t be alone! Can’t wait to meet up with some of you guys! Anyway, here’s the particulars:

I’ll be arriving on the 10th & taking DME to Pop for a 10 day stay. Besides the usual theme park fun, I’ll be trying a few new things as well. I haven’t been to WDW during the holiday season since I was a teenager, so I’m looking forward to seeing all the holiday decorations & such. I’m planning on spending part, or maybe all, of one day just resort hopping to see the different decorations they have. (I’m especially looking forward to the GF gingerbread house.) I’ve also got the dinner package for the CP one night, which I’ve never done before, and I’ll be attending MVMCP on the 19th, my last night there. In addition, I’ll be doing the Backstage Magic tour this year, which is probably the highlight of this trip for me.:woohoo:

Sounds like a lot doesn’t it? Maybe, but this trip I really want to slow down & relax a little more. Do some people watching at the Hub, take my time in the Oasis & the exploration trails at AK, actually stop and watch an entire set of Off Kilter, and take my time with my TS dining. I’ve got all my ADR’s lined up, and will be dining at some new places (Teppan Edo, Mama Melrose’s, etc.), as well as some old favorites like Brown Derby & Kona Café. All that being said, I just want to RELAX for 10 days & not stress about anything except whether to order that appy or not for dinner!

Well, that’s the general plan. I’m starting to get excited, but I bet it’ll really kick in this coming weekend, knowing it’s just a couple of days ‘til I leave. I hope I run into a bunch of you while I’m there! It’d be fun to catch a show, or ride a ride together. See ya in the World! :mickey:

Jillirose
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
We're from MI too, Petoskey. Home on a snow day!! :snowball: Counting down the days until our February trip.

Haven't been there over the holidays, it's something I've always wanted to do.

We'll just have to live vicariously through your trip reports. :mickey:

Enjoy!!

Goofeygal
12-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey I am from Romulus and am leaving in 2 days for WDW here is hoping we all have a great trip. We are at Disney how can it not be great.:mickey::cloud9:

SBETigg
12-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Sounds fantastic. I hope you have a relaxing, stress-free, fun time. And not to be left out, I lived in Canton MI for about three years. :)

snuggs30
12-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Sounds like fun! Even though you are from Michigan (BOOOOOOO).... Ohio Buckeye here! You will love the resorts! I love to resort hop! Never been by myself, but actually I think I would love it sometime! Get to do what YOU want to do! :beer: Hope you have a good time and wave to me here when you fly over Ohio! Think of all of us poor COLD people! haha have a great time!:mickey:

DizNee143
12-01-2008, 02:37 PM
sounds like its going to be a great vacation!! hope you have a wonderful time..cant wait to hear how it all went! :mickey:

artyboy
12-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Have a wonderful trip!

...I'm an "ex" Hoosier...so I know what winter feels like up there!

23 days and counting!!!

mouseketeer mom
12-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Have a wonderful time!!! Backstage Magic sounds wonderful. Lucky you!! Have a great trip!

vizsla
12-02-2008, 05:36 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Have a great time, we will be leaving in 18 days

tinkerbell04
12-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Have a great trip! I am looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

faline
12-03-2008, 11:19 AM
I just love Disney World during the holidays! Enjoy your trip! Sounds like it'll be fun!