PDA

View Full Version : BRD's Family Trip Day 2

BigRedDad
12-01-2008, 08:57 AM
All the family had a good night's sleep. We were not rushed in the morning and made our way to AK by 9AM. We went for FP's on EE and headed to KS to see the animals early. It was a good ride and we enjoyed stopping in the middle for about 5 minutes because the animal hospital people were picking up an animal. Most animals were out and playing. The lion was out and sitting perfectly in the open on the back side of his area. After KS, we headed to EE for our FP time. The Yeti is on strobe for our trip. Off to Chester and Hester's for fun with the two young girls. The only hit Triceratop Spin because we did not want to do the boneyard. The family goes on dinosaur while DD and I get pictures with characters right outside. Nice little break letting her run around while the crowds were low. We start to make our way towards the Lion King when we happen on the smell from Flame Tree. We stop to eat lunch so we can make the 12:30 show only to find out that the printed times were wrong for the day. We sat out side at the meet and greet for Goofy, Chip/Dale, Minnie, Mickey, Pocahontas. Not too long of a wait with the things going on. We made it into the 1:30 show and had a blast. We meandered around a bit and enjoy some of the street side performances as we wait for Mickey's Jammin Jingle parade. We have a few Safari ales while waiting.

After AK, it is of to the Poly for the Luau. Well, this is where problems started with the family. it took less than 24-hours. Some wanted to go back to the resort to get warmer clothes, the rest of us went to the Poly. We were told it starts at 5:30 and it was only 4PM so all should be good. We finally get to the Poly at 5:15PM. We were told we were late and they may have given our table up. Luckily, that was not the case. We are seated at about 5:45PM center stage up front. The other half that went back to WL for warmer clothes did not get there until 6:30 because the monorail broke down on them for 30 minutes. The night went downhill from there. DW got upset with me, FIL got in a screaming match with SIL, so on and so forth. The night was pretty much ruined.

The good news is that it was all over that night because I told everyone I was going off on my own with DD if they wanted to act like the did the night before.

Day 3 coming soon.

SBETigg
12-01-2008, 09:05 AM
What a great start to the day! I love AK. Too bad it went downhill from there. Sounds like travel stress rearing its ugly head. I hope it got better again.

laward32
12-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Good for you! I would have done the same thing. Don't let it ruin your trip. Hope everything got better. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Glad you stood up to them and didn't let them ruin your trip

pdrlkr
12-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
12-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh boy. That was a stressful night. Hope its all uphill from here!

yjgirl32
12-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Sounds like you had a good day at AK- sorry to hear about the rest of the night. I know how you felt. Can't wait to read the rest of your reports. Thanks for sharing.

illini
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Fun AK day. How old is your DD... just out of curiosity!

You're a braver soul than me travelling with ILs. I wouldn't have made it 5 minutes.

KylesMom
12-03-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm sorry that the evening did not turn out as you had envisioned when you booked the Luau - I hope that your comments nipped the "behavior" in the bud and you're going to enjoy the rest of your trip! :mickey:

sleepingbooty
12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Wow. Another reason not to go with a big group!:thedolls:

BigRedDad
12-03-2008, 11:56 PM
My recommendation for going with a group, is do not plan time together. Plan to meet for dinners, breakfasts, or cocktails each day. There was too much time wasted trying to get everyone to do what they wanted.

Day 4 got much better for this for us.

faline
12-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh goodness! What a stressful evening! Sorry the grumpies set upon members of your party and the evening did not go well! I hope the rest of the trip is smoother for everyone!

Granny Jill A
12-04-2008, 03:36 PM
After AK, it is of to the Poly for the Luau. Well, this is where problems started with the family. it took less than 24-hours. Some wanted to go back to the resort to get warmer clothes, the rest of us went to the Poly. We were told it starts at 5:30 and it was only 4PM so all should be good. We finally get to the Poly at 5:15PM. We were told we were late and they may have given our table up. Luckily, that was not the case. We are seated at about 5:45PM center stage up front. The other half that went back to WL for warmer clothes did not get there until 6:30 because the monorail broke down on them for 30 minutes. The night went downhill from there. DW got upset with me, FIL got in a screaming match with SIL, so on and so forth. The night was pretty much ruined.

The good news is that it was all over that night because I told everyone I was going off on my own with DD if they wanted to act like the did the night before.

Every trip has it's ups and downs, especially when traveling with a group. I can't think of one trip in the 17 I've made where somebody didn't have a complete meltdown about something trivial. And I'm talking about the adults :D.

I'm so glad to hear everyone returned to their normal, charming selves. ;)