PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray!!!

Mickey91
12-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Hey guys! My best friend since 1st grade had a beautiful baby boy at 25 weeks gestation, Tuesday, Nov 18. For a 25 weeker he has been doing extremely well until now. For the past three days he has needed more ventilator support and the ductus in heart heart is still not closing. Please keep this little guy and his family in your prayers. His mommy and daddy have been through so much and waited such a long time for this little miracle.

If you would like to visit his website PM me and I will send you the info.

Thanks for being such an awesome and supportive group!!:mickey:

Jeff
12-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Prayers on the way up!

alphamommy
12-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Prayers and pixie dust for strength for baby, Mom, and Dad!

disneygal01
12-01-2008, 09:25 AM
My prayers are with you and your friend and family!!! If you guys need anything please pm me, I am a DM of a 25 weeker who is now just about 7 months old. DS went through what sounds like the same ups and downs. DS spent 12 and a half weeks in the NICU and came home in August. Since he's home we are now planning his 1st trip to the World in May for his 1st Bday!!! Lots of :pixie: love and prayers!!

TinkerbellT421
12-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Sending prayers and pixie dust your way for the little guy and his family! :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

crazypoohbear
12-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Sending lots of pixie dust and prayers out to everyone involved. I really pray that the little one pulls through and grows to become a disney fanatic as well.

Tinkerfreak
12-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Both DH and youngest DD11's birthdays are Nov. 18th.
I will pray for the baby and the poor parents who will needs lots of strength to get through this.

Stitchahula
12-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Sending lots of prayers and pixie dust for baby, mom and dad. I hope mom and dad are taking care of themselves they will need their strength for when the little one comes home. Please keep us posted.

beksy
12-03-2008, 05:56 PM
Sending lots of prayers your way, for the baby and family and friends, especially the parents. I can't imagine how hard this must be and hope for the best. :tink:

tinkerbell04
12-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Sending lots of prayers and :pixie: Keep us posted on his progress!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
12-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Sending more pixie dust for all of them. How's baby boy doing? Any updates?:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Mickey91
12-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Little Judah had a few rough days last wek and needed more ventilator support. Though this is normal for premies to have ups and downs it is hard to go through. Last report showed that the ductus in his heart was closing and surgery could be avoided for now. The last couple of days his need for oxygen has reduced significantly. His mommy got to hold him briefly while they switched some things around and got him resettled. Please keep praying for continued lung development and for the ductus to completely close so no surgery will be needed. Also, pray for all side affects of the continued oxygen to be minimal or nonexistant. (Continued ventilation can lead to severe impairment of his eyesight among other things.)

Thank you for your continued prayers. I have a website where you can read his journal that his mommy updates every evening if anyone is interested. I have been very busy so please forgive my tardiness in updating you guys on his condition. Intercot is awesome!! I love you guys! I'll try to get back in a few days to let ya know how things are going!!:mickey:

Stitchahula
12-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Prayers are still coming for the little one. My son had a slight PDA when he was little too. He was full term though. They told me that as long as there wasn't alot of "blood loss" through it they could give it some time to close up on it's own. If they did need to do surgery they thread something through the leg up to the heart to repair it. I hope it closes up on it's own for the little one. I'm hoping that before they know it they will be complaining happily that the baby kept them up all night (in their own home).

Mickey91
12-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Judah seems to be doing quite a bit better. He is back on a tiny bit of mommy's milk and beginning to grow a little.:mickey: He is doing well enough that Daddy is able to go back to work for the time being. Please continue the prayers!!

SBETigg
12-10-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm sending my prayers and best wishes for Judah and his family. Thanks for the update!

Mickey91
12-10-2008, 11:10 PM
The ductus in Judah's heart is opening a little more. The doctor has decided to use surgery to repair it. It is scheduled for Friday. Please keep those prayers coming!

pianobabe
12-10-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm sending out a prayer right now for Judah, his parent's and his medical team.

Stitchahula
12-11-2008, 09:46 AM
sending more prayers and pixie dust for the babe and mom and dad. Thanks for keeping us informed on what's going on.

Mickey91
12-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Little Judah came through his surgery with flying colors today. He remains strong but the next 24 to 48 hrs will be very stressful for both him and his parents. Please say extra prayers this weekend for his continued recovery and Mom and Dad's strength.

You guys are so awesome!! I love having this wonderful extended family!! And you're all Disney nuts too!!:mickey:

Mickey91
12-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Judah is doing WAY BETTER than expected at this point after his surgery. He needs very little vent support and his nurse is amazed at his progress!:mickey:

His birth weight was 1 lb 11 oz. He now weighs 2 lbs and 0.8 oz!! He is growing!!!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
12-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Lots of prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

Tinkermom
12-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Judah is doing WAY BETTER than expected at this point after his surgery. He needs very little vent support and his nurse is amazed at his progress!:mickey:

His birth weight was 1 lb 11 oz. He now weighs 2 lbs and 0.8 oz!! He is growing!!!:mickey:

Oh my goodness, he was a TINY one! Continued prayers for little Judah and his mommy and daddy. I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well! :thumbsup: God is GOOD! I would love to see the website they have, I assume they have photos of him?

Magic Smiles
12-14-2008, 04:45 AM
This is great news and :pixie: for continued progress. Amazing care is available these days.

Our next door neighbours had a preemie. She was around 20 weeks when born and was smaller than her fathers hand. She was born in Feb and her due date was in Jul. Today she is a perfectly healthly 8 or 9 year old.

daparish
12-14-2008, 07:09 PM
My niece was born at 22 weeks. She weighed 2lbs 2oz. Her parents happened to be 6 hours away in north Louisiana (we live outside of NO) when her mom went into labor. She was kept in a hospital there for two weeks and then flown to Children's hospital in NO where she stayed for a couple of months. We were lucky. She had no real problems other than being tiny. It was really scary to hold her because you could not feel her in your arms. She is now 7 years old and one of the smartest kids I know. The dr had said to expect her to be slower than a normal baby in development but the only thing that she did later than normal was walk. I think she was actually saying a word or two before walking. I will keep praying for little Judah and his family. He sounds like a little fighter.

cindchan
12-15-2008, 09:26 PM
A good friend of mine had both of her kids premature. She was barely into her third trimester when the youngest one came out. But both kids are healthy, and as far as I know, happy. The youngest is in school now.

So keep happy thoughts, and know that many kids get through the rough times and go on to live normal lives.

But for now....:pixie: :tink:

Mickey91
12-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks for all the prayers! God is so good! Judah remains on low vent settings and continues to amaze his doctors and nurses. Thanks to my Intercot family for all the prayers for this little guy. I know they make a difference!:mickey:

Mickey91
12-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Judah is off the vent!! He now receives a little oxygen through a Sipap. Much, much better!! Thanks for the prayers!!:mickey:

TinkerbellT421
12-18-2008, 09:04 AM
So glad to hear that Judah is better! :mickey:

cindchan
12-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Woohoo!!! Glad to hear that! :cheer:

Some more pixie dust for a full recovery!! :pixie::tink: