PDA

View Full Version : yet more reviews: Cape May dinner, Beaches & Cream, Biergarten

Baloo Da Man!
11-30-2008, 08:43 PM
... and lastly ...

Cape May – Thanksgiving dinner. Pretty good. After 4 days of forced marches in the parks, we throttled back and relaxed at the BC in the afternoon on turkey day. DW ate the clam bake selections and thought it was adequate (see seafood snob comment, above). I went with the traditional turkey dinner buffet, which was very well done. I felt as gorged as I do when eating T-giving at home. Atmosphere was a bit loud and chaotic. 3 and a half stars. (DW would have gone 2.5)

Beaches & Cream. Perfectly simple. We opted for a 6:00 La Nouba show on Friday night, so we grabbed burgers at about 3:00 in the afternoon as our only real meal of the day – did not want to mess with DTD. This is another great reason for staying at BC. These are the best burgers in WDW. Add some fries and a plate of onion rings for the table and you have a perfect quick, simple meal. 4 stars for convenience & great taste at a reasonable cost. (we had plenty of ice cream there during the week too.)

Biergarten – early CP package. Mixed results. By this time the kids were aching for pizza or PB& J and the “exotic” nature of German food resulted in noses turned up and bellies stuffed solely with bread and vanilla pudding. DW likes fine, fancy-schmancy food, so this was not her favorite. I have much less class than DW so I enjoyed every type of schnitzel, sausage and spaetzle I could fit on my plate. Actually, it was comparable to the food I ate in Vienna last year. Oom pah band was festive. Beer (Oktoberfest) was tasty medicine for a weary traveler. 3 stars (DW would have gone 2.5)

AdventurerKim
11-30-2008, 09:22 PM
We were at Cape May for Thanksgiving dinner too, and we had a great time and great food, as usual. We always go there now for Thanksgiving dinner because of the variety of food. That Oreo dessert is my favorite dessert at WDW with anything from France coming in a close second (the apple crepe at Les Chefs de France was better than apple pie on Thanksgiving!). Nothing says Thanksgiving like clams and turkey! :thumbsup: I avoid the boiled shrimp; nobody boils shrimp like restaurants here at home.

TinkerbellT421
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM
I will have to agree with your DW...I too am a "seafood snob" (i like that statement I will have to use that lol). Me being from New England, the real New England, I cannot say that the Cape May Buffest does any justice to a REAL New England Clam Bake. However the food is good, and I like it there and will eat there again. Just there is no comparison to a REAL New England Clam Bake.

Great reviews. I will have to go back and read your others...This is the first thing I read so far today lol. I havent been on intercot in like 3 days! lol! Im dieing of intercot withdrawal. Hope you had fun on your trip and make it back soon.:thumbsup::mickey:

SBETigg
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the reviews. I'm fancy-schmancy like your DW but I enjoyed Biergarten well enough, great atmosphere. Haven't tried the others but it sounds like a great way to spend Thanksgiving.

Dawneeeey
11-30-2008, 10:05 PM
great reviews!! I have always wanted to try Biergarten and I think that my DH would love the sausage, sausage and more sausage meal. :mickey:

Thanks for the reviews!!

goofy for pluto
11-30-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the review! :thumbsup:

Tbelle1976
12-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks!
We're also doing the Cape May dinner (this was DH idea) He loves seafood, and although he talk me into Coral Reef (had read mixed reviews, but they have been much better lately and I'm actually looking forward to it), I would really like to try to get out of doing Cap May dinner....please someone give me an idea on how to talk him out of this! :blush:

Disney Lynn
12-01-2008, 09:25 AM
I've read all three threads- great reviews. Thanks for posting your experiences- our experiences have been similar. DH had mentioned trying Big River again, after a bad meal there several years ago, but I think we'll pass on this again. It doesn't sound like it's improved. Also, we were very disappointed in the Cape May seafood buffet- overcooked seafood with sandy clams. Yes, I'm also a seafood snob, as many of us from the coastal states are used to fresh and properly prepared seafood. (And one would expect good seafood in Florida!)

We're also doing the Biergarten for an early CP package (in two more nights!) We did eat there in October and found good, though basic, "German" food. It's fine for us- especially with the beers!

tinkerbell04
12-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Sounds like you had some great meals! Thanks for sharing.

jillluvsdisney
12-01-2008, 06:32 PM
We have eaten at cape May 2x for Thanksgiving. We really enjoyed it. Loved beaches and Cream also. It's even more fun when someone gets served the kitchen sink.:notworth:

mouseketeer mom
12-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Love your reviews! Totally agree about Beaches and Cream..perfect, right?? We found Cape May, well, just OK, and we will return to Biergarten at my DD's request for her 13th BD. She loved that oompah band! Thanks so much!

MississippiDisneyFreak
12-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the reviews, we are trying Biergarten this time and it sounds good to me

pdrlkr
12-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the Review! :pluto: