PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Fireworks

MarkC
11-30-2008, 07:04 PM
We are heading to Florida since Nebraska is apparently going to play FSU in the Gator Bowl on New Years Day. We already have annual passes so heading to Disney for a couple of days is a no-brainer. I know it's horribly crowded, but where is the best place to watch fireworks on New Years Eve? I know some parks may stop admitting people, so does anyone have any advice for that day? Does Epcot ever close to guests? Which park has the best fireworks? The youngest will be my 19 year old so we don't have to worry about little kids standing around or anything like that. Any advice would be appreciated. I've always seen the fireworks on TV and thought it would be fun to check them out sometime, so it looks like we may finally have that chance. Mark

wendy*darling
11-30-2008, 07:14 PM
We have only experienced New Year's once at WDW and chose Epcot - and it was fantastic!
Yes, Epcot does get busy enough to close to additional guests- all of the parks do. But Epcot can absorb the largest crowds.
We arrived at the gates at park opening, with the intent on staying all the way through. Our kids were 15 & 18- so we were fine with the long day.

Epcot did their fireworks at 7:30 and then again at 12:00. The early show was for families with little ones- so a good number of those families left after the first fireworks. The "real" New Year's fireworks were at midnight. We did not stake out a spot to watch- we continued to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. We stopped at Japan and welcomed the New Year from there.

If you are going for the whole day, I suggest making ADRs in the park for lunch and dinner. Call now and take whatever might be left! It's a needed break from the crowds and a nice way to relax and get some good food.

New Year's Eve was so much fun at Epcot! We will definitely be doing that again some day. :party: