PDA

View Full Version : Holiday events at Hollywood Studios?

Merryweather
11-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Have the Holiday events changed at Hollywood Studios? I'd like to find out if the "Holly-day" parade and the Harlem Gospel Choir will be performing during this time. I know that The Osborne Lights will be showing, but I didn't see anything else about the other events. We're going Dec 3-6. :santa3:

Strmchsr
11-30-2008, 03:18 PM
The "Holly-Day" parade is no longer going on. They've changed to the block party. Don't know about the Gospel Choir. Haven't heard about them this year.

Beast_fanatic
11-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Here's a previous post about the Harlem Gospel Choir (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=144938).

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-30-2008, 06:56 PM
They also don't have the garland hung on Hollywood Blvd. The floats for BPB are too tall that they couldn't put them up there.

Other than that, there is just the Citizens in their holiday gear. And the Osborne Lights are up and running.

joelkfla
11-30-2008, 08:49 PM
They also don't have the garland hung on Hollywood Blvd. The floats for BPB are too tall that they couldn't put them up there.
bummer :(

Marymouse2003
12-01-2008, 04:53 AM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeze say it isn't so. I LOVED the Holly-Day parade @ DHS. Cldn't wait to video it this year and the decorations down the blvd. were great. I wish I cld. get a recording of the music they used to play during the Holly-Day parade. Wld really love to get my hands on a video of the parade it self. I do have great still photos, but know video. If anyone has the music or a video, please, please let me know.
1 week from today!!:santa3::santa2::santa::tree::deer:

joanna71985
12-01-2008, 08:07 AM
It is true, unfortunately. The parade went overseas to DLP.

Merryweather
12-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm really disappointed. I've gone to WDW during this season almost 4 years now and never quite made it to these events at MGM. I've see the Osborne lights every year but not the others. I'm really disappointed. I've learned my lesson not to wait for " Next Year":sob: