PDA

View Full Version : Concierge Level At AKL

Figaro0826
11-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Who has stayed there before?
this is our first trip at the AKL.

Never stayed on conciere level at any WDW property yet.

What did you like or dislike?

We only staying Sunday night, so we miss out on the sunrise trip.

(returning from Disney Cruise on sunday, leaving Monday evening.).

TammiMcMan
11-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Actually, your room will not be on the club level, but your room key will gain you access to that floor. They have a very nice lounge, so if you are planning on spending much of the day at the AKL, you should be very comfortable. As you'll be arriving pretty early in the morning, it's good to know that you have full access to the lounge from the moment you check in on Sunday, until midnight on Monday.

They put out a decent continental breakfast in the morning, then some light snacks followed by a tea service. From 5pm-7pm, you can get appetizers, cheese & crackers, wine and beer in the lounge. From 8pm-10pm, they have some of the best desserts and cordials available.

mouseketeer mom
11-30-2008, 05:01 PM
We stayed AKL club level, savannah view. What I didn't care for was how far away our room was from the lounge. I mean, really far away. We didn't use it as much as when we stay at the Poly. It just wasn't conveinant at all. I did like looking down over the lobby, and the lounge was very big. Always seemed to be a table available. The offerings were plenitful as well, and we found the staff to be very helpful. We did do the sunrise safari and it was a highlight of our trip.

pox24
12-01-2008, 03:28 PM
You have 2 choices. Booking a regular CL room puts up on the 5th floor. Booking a CL Studio puts you on 6 where the lounge is. The food offerings are plentiful and very good. We had lamb, ribs, chicken. Great wine, beer, cordials.
Water and fruit drinks for the parks. Special check in upstairs. A really nice experience. Its worth the extra $. The only downer was that the room we had was on 6 and in my opinion was too high up to really enjoy the savannah.But I would gladly go back again anytime.

TammiMcMan
12-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Actually, standard club level rooms are on the 4th floor, but they all offer savannah views. The DVC units are on the 6th, but it's been pretty much impossible for the general public to book a villa through Disney. They're much to popular right now with members.