PDA

View Full Version : Rain & MVMCP

Belle1217
11-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Well in less than 24 Hrs. we will be up in the air headed to Disney. We are going to MVMCP tomorrow night but it looks like there is going to be some rain. I was wondering what happens when it rains. Will they still have MVMCP/Parades. Well whatever happens I am still very excited to be going. :cloud9:

laward32
11-29-2008, 03:29 PM
We were the Oct of last year for MNSSHP and it rained after the first parade and for just about the rest of the night. They didn't have the second parade and a CM told us they weren't going to have the fireworks. So we decided to go ahead and leave, but we stopped at the Emporium to get MNSSHP merchandise and as we came out of the store it was still raining and the fireworks had just started. So I guess it just depends on how bad the rain is. I know it wasn't MVMCP, but I would think it would be the same. Hope this helps some.:mickey:

RockinRollerMom
11-29-2008, 03:58 PM
We were at MVMCP last year and it rained. We didn't let it ruin our fun. It wasn't heavy downpours all night long. It was raining pretty much all night with a few heavy downpours. They still did the parade and fireworks. I remember it raining pretty good as we were watching the fireworks and it was misting/light rain during the parade.

joanna71985
11-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Well in less than 24 Hrs. we will be up in the air headed to Disney. We are going to MVMCP tomorrow night but it looks like there is going to be some rain. I was wondering what happens when it rains. Will they still have MVMCP/Parades. Well whatever happens I am still very excited to be going. :cloud9:

It depends on the heaviness of the rain for the parades to be canceled (if they do go out in the rain, usually some things are downed). The shows are canceled if it's raining (I believe with exception of the show in Tomorrowland). The characters either move to other locations, or are canceled). And the fireworks are pretty much guaranteed to happen (it takes a lot to cancel them).

CaptainJessicaSparrow
11-29-2008, 10:10 PM
The only time they've canceled fireworks is if there is a very strong southward wind which will blow all the debris and fallout on the major guest areas (this does not include Toontown, because that is close to where they are shot off, especially perimeters).

Other than that, fireworks are rain or shine...and parades might get canceled or will miss elements of it, depending on the severity. The castle shows will most likely always be canceled.

love2teach
11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
When we went to MNSSHP in October-it rained the whole night! It was so sad to see everyone in their costumes just soaked. They did both parades and the fireworks:mpumpkin: Just have ponchos ready!:fworks: We had a perfect covered spot by the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle place(the restaurant wasn't open) and saw the fireworks perfectly!