PDA

View Full Version : Race to Witch Mountain (Now Available on DVD)

NotaGeek
11-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok, when I was a kid these were my favorite Disney full-action films. They were always part of the summer movie series that all of the kids in town used to attend (do they still do this? we got like 10 movies for $10 ... a while summer of Wednesday movies and mom used to just drop us off at noon and pick us up 2 hours later!). I saw this trailer yesterday during Transporter 3 (which was HORRIBLE) ... and I was GIDDY. I have moved past my hate for The Rock in Disney movies ... there were several people in the movie that got excited at this trailer!

Official Race to Witch Mountain Site (http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/racetowitchmountain/)

Race to Witch Mountain Yahoo! Site (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810007766/info)

Mousefever
11-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't know that I'll be able to watch a Witch Mountain movie without Tia and Tony! I had a huge crush on Tony.

Amy

January-2007
11-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Looks cool. :mickey:

SBETigg
11-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I loved the original Witch Mountain movies. Do you know that Kim Richards (Tia) is Paris Hilton's aunt, her mother's sister?

NotaGeek
11-29-2008, 06:16 PM
I loved the original Witch Mountain movies. Do you know that Kim Richards (Tia) is Paris Hilton's aunt, her mother's sister?
NO WAY! How cool is that!?!

joanna71985
11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
They made a third one? I remember watching the first two when I was younger (and I now own Escape to Witch Mountain on dvd).

OT- anyone remember the modern version of Escape to Witch Mountain? I think it was only shown on tv.

Melanie
11-30-2008, 02:09 PM
I don't know that I'll be able to watch a Witch Mountain movie without Tia and Tony! I had a huge crush on Tony.

They (the original Tia and Tony) are listed on IMDb as being in the cast. I'm guessing they have cameos of some sort. :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
03-04-2009, 12:45 AM
YEA! I am driving my bf crazy ... every time we see a preview I say "DATE NIGHT!" ... he's not looking forward to living the dream! He's just too young to remember the originals! :mickey:

Melanie
03-04-2009, 01:35 AM
It starts here on the 20th. Can't wait!

murphy1
03-15-2009, 05:36 PM
We just got back from this movie, loved it! Very, very action packed from start to finish, some fighting, but we enjoyed it. Rock was great! Tia was immediately recognizable, Tony, not as much, will have to look him up.

DisneyWhirled
03-16-2009, 10:04 AM
We liked this movie very much! I love the Rock. As per most Disney films, I was left with a small, glistening tear at the end.

TinkerbellT421
03-16-2009, 11:59 AM
I thought it was a great movie. DBF and I took his son to see it this weekend. And of course I cried at the end so DBF had a good time making fun of me and laughing at me for crying lol! But I think it was a very very good movie. Rock was good. And I actually like Sara and I forget what the boys name was Im having a mental block. All n All a :thumbsup: from me :)

murphy1
03-16-2009, 01:51 PM

Sherri, I just read what you wrote, I knew I had seen her somewhere on an interview and couldn't place her. I remember when she was on a show called Hello Larry and her hair was past her butt.

DisneyWhirled
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Did anyone think that Sara looked like a young, blond, Lindsay Lohan?

RocknBev
03-16-2009, 03:33 PM
DH and I loved this movie! It was very entertaining even for two adults with no kids. Glad to hear it was the :number1: movie of the weekend! The theatre was doing a survey at the end..and we gave it positive reviews. They also asked about the previews for Land of the Lost....we didn't think we would like it but hey..to each its own.

I am definitely looking forward to the new Pixar movie "UP" which was previewed!

NotaGeek
04-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Ok, so me and the bf finally went to see Witch Mountain ... I really liked it. My bf thought it was way too geared for young audiences, of course he had no idea about the original films, so you can't expect miracles...

I thought it was fun and entertaining and I loved seeing Tia and Tony in the new film!

barnaby
04-05-2009, 03:36 PM
We went last night to the drive-in to catch a double feature of Monsters vs Aliens and Race to Witch Mountain.

We thought both were pretty good. Witch Mountain was the better of the two. The Rock was good as the cabbie and the 2 kids were good as Seth and Sara. Good, action filled story.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Took my favorite little prince(3) and princess(11) and went with DD yesterday--cute! Everybody enjoyed it. Kept a good pace, and held interests. Well done!

Chic-a-pin
08-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Maybe this has already been discussed, but hey, sometimes I'm slow :) My husband and I rented Race to Witch Mountain this weekend and I got a kick out of the reporter Natalie Gann...do any of you guys remember The Journey of Natie Gann?? The reporter was the the girl that played Natie in that movie. I LOVE how Disney does things like that :mickey:

Mousefever
08-10-2009, 12:27 PM
I loved The Journey of Natty Gann! And I loved John Cusack in that film. It is cute that they put Natalie Gann in Race to Witch Mountain.

Another example of Disney tying older movies in with newer ones is the remake of Parent Trap. The gal who played the potential step-mother of the twins in the original plays the mom of the potential step-mother in the newer version. ("You may call me Aunt Vickie!") Also, you can hear Lindsay Lohan's character singing "Let's Get Together" as she gets into an elevator.

Amy