PDA

View Full Version : Does Universal offer a GAP?

pink
11-29-2008, 12:52 PM
My brother is autistic and the when we found out about the GAP pass it made our vacation 100% better.

We plan on staying off site for our upcoming trip and going to Universal for a day. Does Universal offer any pass of this nature?

There was nothing on the website about austism. :mickey:

shellyb627
12-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes, Universal does have a GAP HOWEVER they are not as accomodating to your needs as Disney. My son has extreme trouble wating in lines. He has autistic traits BUT is multiply handicapped. ONce they saw the wheelchair they wanted him to go in the regular lines since they are all handicapped accessible at universal(for the most part). Actually getting into the park was such a scene that finally after waiting for 20 (minutes) they are not organized like Dinsey either, a lady came over (my son was screaming) and forced us to the front of the line there. We had to speak to several people once inside the park to get the correct GAP that could meet our needs. Iasked for a supervisor and also pulled out a doctor note. I was not taking advantage my son has issues. Finally, they gave in saying that this is a one time exception, I was very angry. So just be careful. There are many different types of GAP at universal. If waiting is an issue like it is in our case, be prepared for a bit of a fight.

jusandnew
01-27-2009, 11:45 AM
You can gets guest card there, but you can use it once per ride. Some kids with autsim likes to ride some over and over.