PDA

View Full Version : We are home! Dining reviews.

SCbelle
11-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Just wanted to give my reviews on WDW dining.

We were there Mon-Wed this week.

Mon: Lunch at Coral Reef was wonderful and the service was great as well. A bit loud but the girls (5&7 cousins) loved watching the fish and the divers cleaning the coral.
Dinner was in Orlando at "Seasons 52". GREAT place if you want something different off resort/parks.

Tues: CRT bkfst, THE HIGHLIGHT for the girls!! and the food was fantastic as well.
Very Late lunch at Pecos Bills, and caught the beginning of the parade right after.

Wed: Lunch at Yak n Yeti, GREAT choice. Dinner at Boma's, everyone loved it!! And now I understand the craze for Zebra Domes! :thumbsup: Though I liked the Cocomisu as well. And the Carrot/Ginger soup--OMG!!That was like desert.

Thurs: Lunch at Wetzels Pretzels in DTD--weird but good. Thanksgiving dinner at the "Spirit of Aloha". I knew that this gets mixed reviews but we wanted to see it at least once. The girls loved getting up to hula and the view of the castle was beautiful. Food was good and very plentiful!

The whole family was pleased with my choices and we did not spend the whole time rushing around to meet ADR'S. I am glad we dropped the DDP and saved the $$.:mickey:

KatMark
11-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks for your reviews. Glad you liked Yak & Yeti--we fell in love with it in September.

Mickeydream
11-29-2008, 12:26 PM
We did the Spirit of Aloha for Thanksgiving last year and also had a good time. We enjoyed the show and the food was good and plenty of it. Can't say that we would do it again, but we were glad to have tried it once.

I agree about the carrot/ginger soup...wonderful! We will do Boma again. :thumbsup:

brewcrew26
11-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time. I know what you mean about the carrot and ginger soup at Boma! We're trying it for breakfast in March after having a great dinner experience on hour honeymoon.

Tbelle1976
11-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Sounds like you had some wonderful meals.

Glad to hear about your nice experience at Coral Reef. We will be doing lunch there in Feb, I almost didn't make the ADR because of all the mixed reviews, but lately there have been some great ones.

Thanks!:mickey:

Simba's Mom
11-29-2008, 03:03 PM
I also love lunch at Coral Reef. Since I haven't eaten there lately, indulge me-what did you have to eat, all courses?

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-29-2008, 03:33 PM
thanks for sharing

SCbelle
11-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Simba's Mom, I don't remember the appetizer, but I had a mahi mahi dish with citrus chutney that was wonderful!! And I had a "Blue-Glo" martini that had one of those souvenier light cubes in it. That was quite good too! The whole menu looked fantastic! You will enjoy it.

Forgot to mention the lentil/artichoke heart salad at Boma's as well, it was not pretty:sick: but VERY good:)

tinkerbell04
12-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the reviews!

JMTStone
12-01-2008, 06:00 PM
We did Thanksgiving in the World last year. We were at the Coral Reef for Thanksgiving dinner and the kids just LOVED it. Everything was good except for the crab legs, but I could have had a bad batch. DH loved his surf/turf. I had a Glowtini and it was delish!!!!

I'm glad you have good suggestions for Boma. We'll be there in May.

Thank you for the reviews!!!

pdrlkr
12-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the Review! :pluto:

PlutoPlanet
12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Yes, the Carrot and Ginger soup at Boma is fabulous. BTW, I do want Fabulous.

Marymouse2003
12-07-2008, 03:03 AM
Sorry to sound stupid, but what is "Yak & Yenny's"??:blush:
Thanks and God bless

ElenitaB
12-07-2008, 12:12 PM
SCBelle, thanks for the reviews!

I agree! That carrot-giner soup is amazingly good. If you want to get ambitious and try to make it at home, we have the recipe (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/carrotgingersoup.asp) posted on InfoCentral (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/default.asp).

Mary, Yak & Yeti is an Asian-style restaurant that opened last year at Animal Kingdom. They have both counter service (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/yakyeticounter.asp) and table service (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/animalkingdom/yakyeti.asp) locations (click on the links for the menus).

Hull-onian
12-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Good review:thumbsup:

Marymouse2003
12-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks Ellen. Might ck it out.!
God bless,