PDA

View Full Version : xtra bed at pop

readytogo2
11-29-2008, 10:51 AM
is there any way to fit a rollaway bed in a room at pop? there will be 3 of us . the beds are just smaller than we are used to

divinedi
11-29-2008, 11:37 AM
You probably could 'fit' it in, but I'm pretty sure they won't let you have one, unless you bring it yourself and put it in the car or something during the day.

We had the same problem as you one time, there were only 3 of us in the room (we weren't trying to get more people in the room that were allowed!), but we were all used to sleeping alone, and two of them were my elderly parents and I didn't want either one of them to be deprived of much needed sleep! What we did was buy a fairly decent twin size air mattress, had the electronic inflater and everything, and I used it while we were there. It was so easy to inflate, that we just inflated it at night when we were ready for bed, and deflated it in the morning, rolled it up and put it in an empty suitcase for the day, that way it wasn't in the way when we were in the room getting ready etc. or just wanting to relax for a bit. NOw I have heard from different people here that they just leaned it up agains one of the wall during the day, also to get it out of the way, but saving a couple of steps. Mine was double thickness, and quite comfortable!

This might be an option for you.

Strmchsr
11-29-2008, 11:41 AM
No, there's not enough room. We asked and for fire safety reasons they won't let you bring one into the Pop rooms as no matter where you put it it would block the path to the exit.

The air mattress mentioned above is probably your best bet. You can inflate and deflate that every day and it wouldn't be a problem.

divinedi
11-29-2008, 11:55 AM
We would put the air mattress where the table and chairs are situated in the room, just distribute the table and chairs about the room, they actually fit pretty good in front of the window, and to be honest, we didn't have a problem moving around the room, the mattress didn't block the exit or anything.

RedSoxFan
11-29-2008, 12:50 PM
When we were at CBR in October, we had a roll-a-way bed for our stay. Not sure if it's because we were in a moderate --- whether or not that has something to do with it.

handmaidenofprincesses
11-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Due to "unforseen circumstances," my father ended up having to fly down and join me and my friend for our highschool grad trip in 07. Of course, it was July and there were no more rooms to be had at Pop, so we dismantled my bed and I slept on the boxspring and my dad slept on the mattress on the floor. It really wasn't all that uncomfortable, surprisingly, although it did leave us with NO floorspace whatsoever. The worst part was that my dad had just had hernia surgery the week before...:blush:the things parents do for us...

hardingella
11-29-2008, 06:23 PM
We have stayed at POP twice. first time DD was7 & DS was 5. i shared a bed with DD & DH with DS. We managed fine. True its not roomy + stroller and cases it was a little tight, but thats all our budget would allow for. We coped fine with the beds too and we are used to a much bigger bed at home.
Second time, two years later was different. Kids 2 years older and bigger, we struggled with the sizes of the beds and it did affect our sleep (not the kids though). So much so that next trip we are leaving it a little longer and saving to stay at a deluxe resort, possibly B&YC, I think it will be worth the wait.I honestly could not imagine fitting a rollaway bed in a POP room, i think it might create more problems than it would solve IMHO.

Belster
12-01-2008, 12:26 AM
I agree with the pp our first stay at Pop our kids were much smaller and we managed fine. This past trip they were older and we were a bit cramped in the room. We asked for another bed and were told no because of fire safety.

thrillme
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Weird that they don't give you a rollaway if you ask for it. I thought you could but it would cost you $10 a night. Alas...I never needed it.

Personally I just don't think the rooms are all that small. You can move some of the stuff around and put up a cot or a blow up mattress (single) that you bring. If using a blowup I wouldn't deflate it I'd just lean it up against a wall when leaving so Mouse keeping could vacume (too much deflate and blow up can pop a cheap one easily). Otherwise if you can...bring a cot (I got a nice lightweight one at wallmart with a foam mat on it for about $30-40)

Yeah you'll give up some floor space but I guess I just see a hotel as a place to sleep so it doesn't matter.

They usually have a small table and chair. You might see if they'll move these for you.

TammiMcMan
12-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Weird that they don't give you a rollaway if you ask for it. I thought you could but it would cost you $10 a night. Alas...I never needed it.Availablilty varies by resort.